For APCC

michael mccann

Hi
I’m sure it’s a minor over sight, but the installation help videos are for APCC ver 1.0.0.7 created on 11/2/2014, and Beta 0.99.54. The videos are linked from https://www.Siriusimaging.com/Help/APCC/index.html?tips_to_get_the_most_from_APCC to a smugmug > Astronomy > APCC
Your APCC application layout has dramatically changed since those versions.

Help pages are great!

Cheers

Ray Gralak

Hi Michael,

> I’m sure it’s a minor over sight, but the installation help videos are for APCC ver 1.0.0.7 created on 11/2/2014,

> and Beta 0.99.54.  The videos are linked from

> https://www.Siriusimaging.com/Help/APCC/index.html?tips_to_get_the_most_from_APCC to a smugmug >

> Astronomy > APCC

>  Your APCC application layout has dramatically changed since those versions.

There was no oversight, but we will be updating some of the videos soon. Videos are the most costly to keep up to date, so they usually don’t get updated very often. (BTW, I created most of the videos, so it is my SmugMug account.)

The primary resource for APCC is the help that comes with the software, which includes a PDF file and a Windows help file (CHM). If you haven't noticed, most of APCC's windows and group boxes have a small button in the upper right corner with a "?". Clicking that button will open help for that part of APCC.

See this screenshot for an example:

And of course, additional resources include posting to this forum, or giving A-P a phone call.

-Ray

> -----Original Message-----

> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of michael mccann via groups.io

> Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 4:53 AM

> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

> Subject: [ap-gto] For APCC

>

> Hi

> I’m sure it’s a minor over sight, but the installation help videos are for APCC ver 1.0.0.7 created on 11/2/2014,

> https://www.Siriusimaging.com/Help/APCC/index.html?tips_to_get_the_most_from_APCC to a smugmug >

> Astronomy > APCC

>

> Help pages are great!

>

> Cheers

>

>

>

michael mccann

Ok.  I watched that presentation you gave on TAIC, The astrophotography imaging channel.  So I assumed that had been an old directory you placed under that link. 
Thanks for getting back to me.  
I had lost power last night. How should one recover when APCC and the mount aren’t in sync?
Cheers 

On Oct 12, 2021, at 09:28, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> wrote:

Hi Michael,

> Astronomy > APCC

There was no oversight, but we will be updating some of the videos soon. Videos are the most costly to keep up to date, so they usually don’t get updated very often. (BTW, I created most of the videos, so it is my SmugMug account.)

The primary resource for APCC is the help that comes with the software, which includes a PDF file and a Windows help file (CHM). If you haven't noticed, most of APCC's windows and group boxes have a small button in the upper right corner with a "?". Clicking that button will open help for that part of APCC.

<image001.png>

And of course, additional resources include posting to this forum, or giving A-P a phone call.

-Ray

> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of michael mccann via groups.io

>

> Hi

> Astronomy > APCC

>

> Help pages are great!

>

> Cheers

>

>

>

Roland Christen

How should one recover when APCC and the mount aren’t in sync?
The mount automatically recovers after a power loss. It knows exactly where it is pointed the moment power is restored. There's no such thing as APCC and mount not being in sync.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Oct 12, 2021 10:42 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] For APCC

Ok.  I watched that presentation you gave on TAIC, The astrophotography imaging channel.  So I assumed that had been an old directory you placed under that link. 
I had lost power last night. How should one recover when APCC and the mount aren’t in sync?
Cheers 

Hi Michael,

> Astronomy > APCC

<image001.png>

-Ray

>
> Hi
> Astronomy > APCC
>
> Help pages are great!
>
> Cheers
>
>
>

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

michael mccann

Thanks Roland
I had to make sure I wasn’t going complicate things so I had turned the mount power switch off before it came back on.  Mainly the power had come back on for ~15 minutes then went off for nearly 3 hours.  Sure to insure electrical surges aren’t going to damage anything, I shut and unplugged everything.

Thanks again 

Mike 

On Oct 12, 2021, at 09:49, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

The mount automatically recovers after a power loss. It knows exactly where it is pointed the moment power is restored. There's no such thing as APCC and mount not being in sync.

Rolando

Cheers 

Hi Michael,

> Astronomy > APCC

<image001.png>

-Ray

>
> Hi
> Astronomy > APCC
>
> Help pages are great!
>
> Cheers
>
>
>

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Roland Christen

That's fine. Not necessary to cycle power, but it doesn't hurt to do so.

Rolando

Sent: Tue, Oct 12, 2021 11:17 am

Thanks Roland
I had to make sure I wasn’t going complicate things so I had turned the mount power switch off before it came back on.  Mainly the power had come back on for ~15 minutes then went off for nearly 3 hours.  Sure to insure electrical surges aren’t going to damage anything, I shut and unplugged everything.

Thanks again 

Mike 

On Oct 12, 2021, at 09:49, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Rolando

Cheers 

Hi Michael,

> Astronomy > APCC

<image001.png>

-Ray

>
> Hi
> Astronomy > APCC
>
> Help pages are great!
>
> Cheers
>
>
>

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

--
Roland Christen