Firmware Update

Bill Gardner

I continue to be resurrecting my 900 with CP4. Just received my completely updated hand controller from AP and went to connect it. Got a message that the firmware on the CP4 needs to be updated. So question, can I bring the CP4 only to the computer (desktop) without the full mount to perform the update? Or must it be connected to the mount during the process?
Thanks,
Bill Gardner
_____________

Pictor Observatory
http://www.pictorobservatory.ca

Twitter: @pictorobs

Minor Planet 21350 - billgardner

Mike Hanson

Bill,

The CP4 does NOT need to be connected to the mount to perform a firmware update.  It only needs power and a connection to the computer.

If you use USB/Serial Utilities, it can be done with a couple of "clicks":
https://www.astro-physics.info/tech_support/software/USBserialUtilities.zip

Regards,
Mike Hanson

Bill Gardner

Tha ks for the response Mike. I wasn’t able to find reference one way or the other in the documentation.

Bill

--