Fine adjustments to 600E GTO

Larry Denmark <kldenmark@...>

Greetings,

I've been following the discussion on tightening the 600E mount to it's base
plate during final stages of polar alignment. For those of us who use a
portable pier, fine adjustment is extremely easy to do.

After performing the initial gross alignment, simply tighten the two screws
by any means you like - either singly or in unison, it doesn't matter - and
then bring Polaris dead center by making fine adjustments to the turnbuckles
on the tensioning rods that give the pier it's stability.

I think it was a suggestion that Marj made some time ago and I've been doing
that, successfully, for many months.

Larry Denmark

E-mail . . . kldenmark@att.net
Web site . . http://home.att.net/~kldenmark/

Jim Fakatselis <jfakatse@...>

That's a good method but performing that same adjustment to the wooden tripod is
not the same!
Jim

Larry Denmark wrote:

Greetings,

I've been following the discussion on tightening the 600E mount to it's base
plate during final stages of polar alignment. For those of us who use a
portable pier, fine adjustment is extremely easy to do.

After performing the initial gross alignment, simply tighten the two screws
by any means you like - either singly or in unison, it doesn't matter - and
then bring Polaris dead center by making fine adjustments to the turnbuckles
on the tensioning rods that give the pier it's stability.

I think it was a suggestion that Marj made some time ago and I've been doing
that, successfully, for many months.

Larry Denmark

E-mail . . . kldenmark@att.net
Web site . . http://home.att.net/~kldenmark/

Good friends, school spirit, hair-dos you'd like to forget.
Classmates.com has them all. And with 4.4 million alumni already
registered, there's a good chance you'll find your friends here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/2637/3/_/3615/_/954000210/

-- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=ap-gto&m=1

Stephen E. Russell <sjruss55@...>

Hi Larry,
Looks like another reason for me to get a pier, oh darn :-)
Stephen

Larry Denmark wrote:

[...]

Get your bargains at AndysGarage.com!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2579/3/_/3615/_/954000618/