Fast question: after correcting mount position

michael mccann

So I found my mount just about shoving my scope into the pier.
- Stopped it ,
- turned off the mount and the confused controlling software (Nina and Ascom AP V2).
- Reposition the mount to park 3 position
- loosened the clutch’s
- from the Keypad , told it to go to park 3, once done aligned at park 3.

Now the question: Should the software know automatically that it’s at park 3? Or is there something else I need to do in either Nina or AP Ascom V2 so that it starts off correctly.

Second question: should I have told it to park in position 3 from the software instead of the keypad?

Last question, if I install APCC would APCC change any of this mount correction process?

Setup, AP900, CP3GTO upgraded V chip, updated. Keypad firmware, latest AP Ascom software, 130mm refractor.

Thanks

Cheers

michael mccann

So, daylight, here was what I found with two tests:
Connect NINA, ASCOM AP V2 park settings was unpark from last position, starting at Park 3 position, slew to m42: definitely not the right setting.
Using Ascom AP V2 move buttons moved mount to park 3 . Parked at current position. Then set unpark’s selection to Park 3. Select Unpark. Then had NINA slew to M42. This seemed to work.

Now if the wind would die down I’d be set for tonight.

Cheers

On Mar 5, 2022, at 15:30, michael mccann via groups.io <mmccawsprojects@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Michael

I'm not 100% sure I followed your procedures, but I think there's a "something else I need to do in either Nina or AP Ascom V2 so that it starts off correctly. ". When you unpark you should slew to a sky location (typically near zenith) and solve/recal so the mount syncs to the correct (new) coordinates

--
Brian

Brian Valente

michael mccann

Well, if that darn wind calms down I will try that. (How bad is the wind? Yesterday they closed I10 due to winds and dust. And the wind blew over the water supply’s composite well pressure tank which took out our water system. )

Thanks Brian

Hi Michael

--
Brian