Failed to Create Virtual Ports

davidcfinch9

I also am now “dead in the water” because APCC cannot create virtual ports. I am using APCC Pro v. 1.9.3.3, ASCOM 6.6-6.6.0.3444, Windows 10 64 bit with all updates installed. My Mach 2 is sitting in the garage awaiting a solution.

Is there anything I can do to start observing again with APCC? My handheld works just fine.

Regards,

David C. Finch

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

On Sat, Mar 5, 2022 at 11:23 AM, davidcfinch9 wrote:
I also am now “dead in the water” because APCC cannot create virtual ports. I am using APCC Pro v. 1.9.3.3, ASCOM 6.6-6.6.0.3444, Windows 10 64 bit with all updates installed.
Ray posted a version (beta) of ASCOM that can work without virtual ports to communicate with APCC.

https://ap-gto.groups.io/g/main/message/85042

You need a later version of APCC also (1.9.4.1) that's at the top of that thread if you don't see it in the usual spot.

I've been using it now for several nights, no com ports anywhere, and everything works (I use ethernet to talk to the mount, but you could use a com port there but no virtual ports just fine also, I presume) .

Linwood

Ray Gralak

Hi David,

As Linwood said, I posted links to beta versions of the driver and APCC a while ago. I will be posting links to new, released
versions this morning.

-Ray