Topics

Early meridian flip using APCC and SGP

John Kazanas

Hi everyone,

Know this has question been asked before, but noticed that late last year the latest version of APCC allowed a negative meridian flip to be passed to SGP

Can someone briefly explain how I do that in APCC? - e.g. if I want to get APCC to tell SGP to flip the mount 1 hour before the object I am imaging has reached the meridian?

"APCC - Meridian Limits - Allow a negative meridian flip point to be passed to Sequence Generator Pro.Nov 30, 2019"

Clear skies,

John.

Geof Lewis

John,
I don't have APCC, but I do use SGP and I can set either positive or negative values in the Meridian Delay setting of the V2 driver, which SGP then uses to either advance or delay the meridian flip, so maybe try that. It's something that you can test during the day, just to see how the mount slews with different settings.
Good luck,

Geof

On 23 Jan 2020, at 11:54, John Kazanas <johnkazanas@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Know this has question been asked before, but noticed that late last year the latest version of APCC allowed a negative meridian flip to be passed to SGP

Can someone briefly explain how I do that in APCC? - e.g. if I want to get APCC to tell SGP to flip the mount 1 hour before the object I am imaging has reached the meridian?

"APCC - Meridian Limits - Allow a negative meridian flip point to be passed to Sequence Generator Pro.Nov 30, 2019"

Clear skies,

John.

John Kazanas

Well did try and set a negative number in the Meridian Delay but no luck on this.

Anyone else that can answer this question?

Appreciate it.

John.

David

I think for an early flip the meridian has to be moved (+) to the East, not negative.

On Feb 10, 2020, at 5:48 AM, John Kazanas <johnkazanas@...> wrote:

Well did try and set a negative number in the Meridian Delay but no luck on this.

Anyone else that can answer this question?

Appreciate it.

John.

Ray Gralak

Hi John,

You want to setup APCC Meridian limits to flip on the East side. Here's a video that shows how to do that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBUj1WgFf3k

The only other thing you will need to do is to (on APCC's meridian limits tab) enable the checkbox to send limits to SGPro. This will tell APCC to always tell SGPro where the mount's flip point is.

-Ray Gralak