From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Wayne Hixson via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2021 10:06 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Early Meridian Flip not completing

This was working great until tonight. The scope reach the meridian limit about an hour before transit and would do a
CW up pier flip and resume from there. Now it starts the flip but stops halfway through and stops tracking with CW
down and the scope pointing west. It looks like it's just symmetrical to the starting position with CW down pointing
west instead of east.

E and W limits are the same per Ray's (W reflected to east). CW slews enabled east and west. Override ASCOm
selected

Wayne

Wayne Hixson

Hi Ray, this is happening even when I’m just running APCC. The only change I remember making is enabling Safety Park and that doesn’t seem pertinent.

Wayne

On Jul 30, 2021, at 4:59 AM, Ray Gralak <iogroups@siriusimaging.com> wrote:

Hi Wayne,

E and W limits are the same per Ray's (W reflected to east).
CW slews enabled east and west. Override ASCOm selected
Previously you wrote:

Thanks Ray, can I change just warn to Flip? If I start my imaging before
the meridian limits?
There was a reason I suggested you should use "just warn". If the mount is configured to auto-flip, then whatever control program you are using might have issued a move in the middle of the flip. It is best to have APCC set to "just warn" and let the controlling software do the flip.

-Ray

This was working great until tonight. The scope reach the meridian limit about an hour before transit and would do a
CW up pier flip and resume from there. Now it starts the flip but stops halfway through and stops tracking with CW
down and the scope pointing west. It looks like it's just symmetrical to the starting position with CW down pointing
west instead of east.

E and W limits are the same per Ray's (W reflected to east). CW slews enabled east and west. Override ASCOm
selected

Wayne

Ray Gralak

Hi Wayne,

Hi Ray, this is happening even when I’m just running APCC. The only change I remember making is enabling Safety
Park and that doesn’t seem pertinent.
No, that is not pertinent at all.

But, what do you have set for the "Action when limit is reached" on APCC's Meridian tab? That should be set to "Just Warn".

-Ray