Topics

sticky Do NOT use ASCOM Platform v. 6.5 with APCC Pro #APCC #ASCOM_V2_Driver

Howard Hedlund

Edited

There is a problem with the latest ASCOM Platform - v. 6.5 that prevents correct plate solutions in APPM.  We hope for a resolution to this problem soon.  In the meantime, please use v.6.4 SP1.https://github.com/ASCOMInitiative/ASCOMPlatform/releases/tag/Build_2695

Terri Zittritsch

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 09:32 AM, Howard Hedlund wrote:
here is a problem with the latest ASCOM Platform - v. 6.5 that prevents correct plate solutions in APPM.  We hope for a resolution to this problem soon.  In the meantime, please use v.6.4 SP1.https://github.com/ASCOMInitiative/ASCOMPlatform/releases/tag/Build_2695
Howard, do you know if this is just with APPM?    I noticed this past weekend when I was doing plate solving that platesolve2 in sgpro was having issues (I have ASCOM 6.5 installed).  I thought it was the normal due to the dense star field I was in.   I moved to ASTAP solver based on recommendations from another member and it worked fine, in fact, about 10X faster than Platesolve2.    But I was NOT using APPM.

Terri

stinerjohn@...

Terri, I had a simile experience with plate-solving via PlateSolve2 with SGP. After updating to ASCOM 6.5, when I initiated a sequence, SGP would reflect that the mount was slewing to the target but it was not actually slewing.  When I used APCC to actually slew the scope to the target, after capturing a frame to solve, SGP (or PlateSolve2–not sure which) would indicate it was correcting the scope’s position but it was again staying in the same place. After uninstalling ASCOM 6.5 and reinstalling 6.4, SGP now slews in sequence start-up. I’ll check the plate-solving corrections tonight.

George LaBelle

Edited

So, what is wrong with ASCOM 6.5 - or is there something in SGP/APPM/PlateSolve/???

This has been known about for some time. Is it being worked on?

--
George
Prineville, Oregon