Dew control for Mach2

Shailesh Trivedi

I am a recent owner of a Mach2. In Northern California, presently the dew point is quite high, consequently dew droplets form after 7:30pm. Is there a way to control or eliminate dew formation on the mount?

Shailesh

Dale Ghent

I wouldn't worry at all about dew on the mount itself. Dew heaters that would warm its entire surface area to above ambient would be impracticable at any rate.

On Dec 2, 2021, at 12:35, Shailesh Trivedi <strivedi@brightfeathers.com> wrote:

I am a recent owner of a Mach2. In Northern California, presently the dew point is quite high, consequently dew droplets form after 7:30pm. Is there a way to control or eliminate dew formation on the mount?

Shailesh

Shailesh Trivedi

Dale,

The dew here nowadays in Sacramento makes it dripping wet, as if from a rain shower, hence my concern.

In the very least I have to protect the CP4, not sure about the rest.

Shailesh

Dale Ghent

If you're concerned about the CP, you can take an old hand towel or something of the sort and wrap the CP with it, and secure it with a small bungee or the like. People run their systems in far wetter climes without much ado.

On Dec 2, 2021, at 13:48, Shailesh Trivedi <strivedi@brightfeathers.com> wrote:

Dale,

The dew here nowadays in Sacramento makes it dripping wet, as if from a rain shower, hence my concern.

In the very least I have to protect the CP4, not sure about the rest.

Shailesh

dvjbaja

Just place an old t-shirt around the mount loosely during very wet conditions.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone