From: "Ron Wodaski" <ronw@nwlink.com>
To: <ap-gto@egroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 3:54 PM
Subject: [ap-gto] Delivery today

My new AP 400 was delivered today. We have partly cloudy weather right
now,
so don't know if I'll get to set it up tonight, or not. I'll be putting a
Takahashi FSQ-106 on it, primarily for imaging with an ST-8E. The GTO
version of the 400 is similar to the old 400 QMD, but it's a bit sleeker
looking. <g>

Ron Wodaski
http://www.newastro.com

Do you like Space and Science?
Win $25,000
http://click.egroups.com/1/6689/7/_/3615/_/963531505/

John Gleason

Have you taken it apart yet? ;-D

My new AP 400 was delivered today. We have partly cloudy weather right
now,
so don't know if I'll get to set it up tonight, or not. I'll be putting a
Takahashi FSQ-106 on it, primarily for imaging with an ST-8E. The GTO
version of the 400 is similar to the old 400 QMD, but it's a bit sleeker
looking. <g>

Ron Wodaski
http://www.newastro.com

Do you like Space and Science?
Win $25,000
http://click.egroups.com/1/6689/7/_/3615/_/963531505/

--- John Gleason
--- dvj@earthlink.net
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.

Ron Wodaski <ronw@...>

Bright and shiny. <g>

Actually, it's sitting on the couch. I won't let the dogs on the couch, but
the mount can sit up there any time it wants to.

I thought I might get it out tonight, but not looking good right now;
clouds, clouds, clouds.

Ron Wodaski
http://www.newastro.com

So I see you have had the mount for over an hour now.
Tell us what the inside looks like.
<g>
Herb
www.buytelescopes.com

My new AP 400 was delivered today. We have partly cloudy weather right
now,
so don't know if I'll get to set it up tonight, or not. I'll be putting a
Takahashi FSQ-106 on it, primarily for imaging with an ST-8E. The GTO
version of the 400 is similar to the old 400 QMD, but it's a bit sleeker
looking. <g>

Ron Wodaski
http://www.newastro.com

Do you like Space and Science?
Win $25,000
http://click.egroups.com/1/6689/7/_/3615/_/963531505/

Win $25,000 Today!
http://click.egroups.com/1/6690/7/_/3615/_/963535620/

Ron Wodaski <ronw@...>

Nah; won't do that unless something's loose. <g> I will set it up in the
family room and do a little slewing, however. <g>

Ron Wodaski
http://www.newastro.com

My new AP 400 was delivered today. We have partly cloudy weather right
now,
so don't know if I'll get to set it up tonight, or not. I'll be putting a
Takahashi FSQ-106 on it, primarily for imaging with an ST-8E. The GTO
version of the 400 is similar to the old 400 QMD, but it's a bit sleeker
looking. <g>

Ron Wodaski
http://www.newastro.com

Do you like Space and Science?
Win $25,000
http://click.egroups.com/1/6689/7/_/3615/_/963531505/

--- John Gleason
--- dvj@earthlink.net
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.

Win $25,000 Today!
http://click.egroups.com/1/6690/7/_/3615/_/963545159/

Paul Rodbell <paul@...>

Ron,

We know that you a capable of taking it apart... but can you put it back
together? <g>

Paul Rodbell

John Gleason wrote:

Have you taken it apart yet? ;-D

My new AP 400 was delivered today. We have partly cloudy weather right
now,
so don't know if I'll get to set it up tonight, or not. I'll be putting a
Takahashi FSQ-106 on it, primarily for imaging with an ST-8E. The GTO
version of the 400 is similar to the old 400 QMD, but it's a bit sleeker
looking. <g>

Ron Wodaski
http://www.newastro.com

Do you like Space and Science?
Win $25,000
http://click.egroups.com/1/6689/7/_/3615/_/963531505/

--- John Gleason
--- dvj@earthlink.net
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.

Win $25,000 Today!
http://click.egroups.com/1/6690/7/_/3615/_/963545159/

Ron Wodaski <ronw@...>

When I was six years old, I took apart our family's Lionel train set,
including a rather complicated locomotive. That's the last time I couldn't
get something back together, unless you count the time it took me a week to
get the engine back in a '67 VW after overhauling the heads. <g>

I've actually been a little intimidated about really taking mounts apart.
I'm not as concerned about getting them back together as I am about
misunderstanding the various tolerances. Under Roland's direction, I have
done a bit of disassembly on specific parts to make adjustments to backlash
or end play, but I haven't dug in beyond that.

Thanks to Herb York's generous comments, I seem to have developed a rep for
having this crazed passion for disassembly, but I think it's mostly just
Herb's sense of humor. <g>

Ron Wodaski
http://www.newastro.com

We know that you a capable of taking it apart... but can you put it back
together? <g>

Paul Rodbell

Have you taken it apart yet? ;-D

http://click.egroups.com/1/6689/7/_/3615/_/963582517/