Dec limit in Mach2

Luca Marinelli

I have been battling an issue with the Mach2 that is difficult for me to pinpoint. I am using the Mach2 with APCC Pro, I finish an imaging session by parking the mount to Park 3. When I start APCC at the beginning of an imaging session, i initialize the mount by unparking from latest park position. The coordinates reported by CP5 are correct. When I launch the imaging run and start by slewing and centering on the target via plate solving, often the mount will hang mid-slew. AP ASCOM and APCC will report that the mount is slewing but the motors are not running. There is usually an error message of motor stall and also a notice of Dec limit reached. I have not set up Dec limits, the mount is not hitting against the mechanical Dec limit.

Last night to avoid this problem I started the session by issuing a Find Home command immediately after unparking from Park 3. The slew and center to the target went well and the imaging run started without errors. This morning when I went to shut down I found that the mount was parked in place close to Park 3 but not exactly. There was a fault triggered northern limit reached error message. I unparked, issued a Find Home command, parked at park 3 and all was well.

I am not sure if it is an issue with the CP5 or APCC Pro. It appears that the mount somehow gets lost easily and it requires frequent Find Home commands, even without having issues incorrect recals. I wonder if there are still leftover settings from when I used this computer and APCC Pro with the Mach1 that was recently replaced by the Mach2 that are causing these issues.

I am attaching a couple of screenshots demonstrating the messages and problem and a link to log files from the last few sessions. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/52ijjx876pjxwh8/ApccZip-Luca_Marinelli-2021-01-30-155940.zip?dl=0

Thank you,

Luca

Roland Christen

1) Make sure that your mount is balanced.
2) make sure that all 4 clutch knobs are tight. When they are loose the mount may stop slewing which triggers a motor stall.

Unless you have limits set up, the mount will not reach limits until it is totally upside down.
The mount is also never lost unless you send a faulty recal.
If you do lose the position due to faulty recal, the mount's true position in the sky is always recovered when you send it home.

If you are unparking the mount from previous position, you do not have the latest APCC version for the Mach2. The Mach2 does not need to be told to unpark from any position because it has absolute encoders and always knows where the axes are pointed. The correct version of APCC will not prompt you to unpark the mount from any position.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jan 30, 2021 3:07 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Dec limit in Mach2

I have been battling an issue with the Mach2 that is difficult for me to pinpoint. I am using the Mach2 with APCC Pro, I finish an imaging session by parking the mount to Park 3. When I start APCC at the beginning of an imaging session, i initialize the mount by unparking from latest park position. The coordinates reported by CP5 are correct. When I launch the imaging run and start by slewing and centering on the target via plate solving, often the mount will hang mid-slew. AP ASCOM and APCC will report that the mount is slewing but the motors are not running. There is usually an error message of motor stall and also a notice of Dec limit reached. I have not set up Dec limits, the mount is not hitting against the mechanical Dec limit.

Last night to avoid this problem I started the session by issuing a Find Home command immediately after unparking from Park 3. The slew and center to the target went well and the imaging run started without errors. This morning when I went to shut down I found that the mount was parked in place close to Park 3 but not exactly. There was a fault triggered northern limit reached error message. I unparked, issued a Find Home command, parked at park 3 and all was well.

I am not sure if it is an issue with the CP5 or APCC Pro. It appears that the mount somehow gets lost easily and it requires frequent Find Home commands, even without having issues incorrect recals. I wonder if there are still leftover settings from when I used this computer and APCC Pro with the Mach1 that was recently replaced by the Mach2 that are causing these issues.

I am attaching a couple of screenshots demonstrating the messages and problem and a link to log files from the last few sessions. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/52ijjx876pjxwh8/ApccZip-Luca_Marinelli-2021-01-30-155940.zip?dl=0

Thank you,

Luca

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Roland Christen

Luca,

I have alerted the members of our software team about your issue. It may very well be a simple error in the user entries in APCC. We had one other user last year that had a similar problem and it was fixed in his APCC entries, but I don't remember what specifically we advised him to look for. We'll get your mount running properly with APCC, so hang in there.

Rolando

Sent: Sat, Jan 30, 2021 3:07 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Dec limit in Mach2

Thank you,

Luca

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Luca Marinelli

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 06:31 PM, Roland Christen wrote:
2) make sure that all 4 clutch knobs are tight. When they are loose the mount may stop slewing which triggers a motor stall.

Unless you have limits set up, the mount will not reach limits until it is totally upside down.
If you do lose the position due to faulty recal, the mount's true position in the sky is always recovered when you send it home.

If you are unparking the mount from previous position, you do not have the latest APCC version for the Mach2. The Mach2 does not need to be told to unpark from any position because it has absolute encoders and always knows where the axes are pointed. The correct version of APCC will not prompt you to unpark the mount from any position.

Rolando
Thank you, Roland

I am just as perplexed by this behavior and am inclined to agree that there has to be some leftover from the Mach1 setting that is messing me up. 
To your points:

1) and 2) The optics is balanced and the clutches are hand tight. The mount is carrying a FSQ106, so nothing heavy. I don't think I need to tighten the clutches with a hex wrench. 

I don't have limits set up. As you can see in the screenshot I attached, when APCC gave the error Dec limit was reached, the mount was pointing to the Northwest, on it way to Park 3. I don't what Dec limit it is referring to. As I said, sending it home works, but I don't think I should be sending the mount home a couple of times a session. Obviously, I am doing something wrong or there is a setting that is preventing it from working correctly. 

I am running APCC Pro version 1.8.8.17, firmware VCP5-P02-08, encoder version A02-08 (see attached screenshot). I don't think there is a more recent version of the software. When I launch APCC Pro, the mount initialization screen  includes the field Unpark from: Last Parked. Should it not? Is this mount initialization screen incorrect for the Mach2 (again see attached screenshot).

Incidentally, tonight I launched the imaging run without first sending the mount home and it did not give the error. We'll see if it also parks the mount successfully in the morning when it's done. 

Thanks a lot,

Luca

Ray Gralak

Hi Luca,

I scanned your logs and I don't see any "motor stall" errors, but I do see that the mount was hitting a declination limit.

On APCC's AE tab, you might try disabling Dec Limits if it is enabled.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): https://www.astro-physics.com/apcc-pro
Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: https://www.siriusimaging.com/apdriver

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Luca Marinelli
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2021 4:04 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Dec limit in Mach2

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 06:31 PM, Roland Christen wrote:

2) make sure that all 4 clutch knobs are tight. When they are loose the mount may stop slewing which
triggers a motor stall.

If you do lose the position due to faulty recal, the mount's true position in the sky is always recovered when
you send it home.

If you are unparking the mount from previous position, you do not have the latest APCC version for the
Mach2. The Mach2 does not need to be told to unpark from any position because it has absolute encoders and
always knows where the axes are pointed. The correct version of APCC will not prompt you to unpark the mount
from any position.

Rolando

Thank you, Roland

I am just as perplexed by this behavior and am inclined to agree that there has to be some leftover from the
Mach1 setting that is messing me up.
To your points:

1) and 2) The optics is balanced and the clutches are hand tight. The mount is carrying a FSQ106, so nothing
heavy. I don't think I need to tighten the clutches with a hex wrench.

I don't have limits set up. As you can see in the screenshot I attached, when APCC gave the error Dec limit was
reached, the mount was pointing to the Northwest, on it way to Park 3. I don't what Dec limit it is referring to. As I
said, sending it home works, but I don't think I should be sending the mount home a couple of times a session.
Obviously, I am doing something wrong or there is a setting that is preventing it from working correctly.

I am running APCC Pro version 1.8.8.17, firmware VCP5-P02-08, encoder version A02-08 (see attached
screenshot). I don't think there is a more recent version of the software. When I launch APCC Pro, the mount
initialization screen includes the field Unpark from: Last Parked. Should it not? Is this mount initialization screen
incorrect for the Mach2 (again see attached screenshot).

Incidentally, tonight I launched the imaging run without first sending the mount home and it did not give the error.
We'll see if it also parks the mount successfully in the morning when it's done.

Thanks a lot,

Luca

Luca Marinelli

The Dec limit problem continues. I had the mount in Park 3 position. I powered on the mount and started APCC. As soon as I clicked the connect button, APCC gave a Fault Triggered:South Limit error and ALT/Az position shows that the mount rotated in Dec all the way around. I just went outside to check in the observatory and that's exactly how i found the mount.

Why is the mount slewing on its own until it hits the Dec limit after it connects to APCC Pro? How can I stop this behavior?

Thanks,

Luca

Roland Christen

Hello Luca,

Do you use SkyX?

Rolando

Sent: Thu, Feb 4, 2021 4:09 pm

The Dec limit problem continues. I had the mount in Park 3 position. I powered on the mount and started APCC. As soon as I clicked the connect button, APCC gave a Fault Triggered:South Limit error and ALT/Az position shows that the mount rotated in Dec all the way around. I just went outside to check in the observatory and that's exactly how i found the mount.

Why is the mount slewing on its own until it hits the Dec limit after it connects to APCC Pro? How can I stop this behavior?

Thanks,

Luca

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Ray Gralak

Hi Luca,

Are you sure the mount slewed when you connected via APCC?

APCC does not automatically issue any commands to slew after connecting to the mount.

Maybe you could post a link to your logs?

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): https://www.astro-physics.com/apcc-pro

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Luca Marinelli
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 2:09 PM

The Dec limit problem continues. I had the mount in Park 3 position. I powered on the mount and started APCC.
As soon as I clicked the connect button, APCC gave a Fault Triggered:South Limit error and ALT/Az position
shows that the mount rotated in Dec all the way around. I just went outside to check in the observatory and that's
exactly how i found the mount.

Why is the mount slewing on its own until it hits the Dec limit after it connects to APCC Pro? How can I stop this
behavior?

Thanks,

Luca

Luca Marinelli

I don’t use SkyX in the observatory. I have it on my computer in the house, if it’s helpful for troubleshooting.

Luca

On Feb 4, 2021, at 7:02 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Hello Luca,

Do you use SkyX?

Rolando

Thanks,

Luca

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Roland Christen

If you cannot get your particular software configuration to work properly, I would suggest starting out one step at a time in order to rule out any issue with the mount. I could help you run a simple test that would show you that the mount does exactly what you ask it to do. All you need is SkyX and nothing else.

Rolando

To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Feb 4, 2021 6:19 pm

I don’t use SkyX in the observatory. I have it on my computer in the house, if it’s helpful for troubleshooting.

Luca

On Feb 4, 2021, at 7:02 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Hello Luca,

Do you use SkyX?

Rolando

Thanks,

Luca

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Luca Marinelli

Roland: I can install SkyX on the observatory computer but at the end of the day, even if it works within SkyX, that's not how I connect to the mount. I need it to work with APCC Pro.

Ray: I have posted the logs here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnfm8y8innmpa6i/ApccZip-Luca_Marinelli-2021-02-04-192245.zip?dl=0

thank you guys,

Luca

Roland Christen

Hello Luca,

In your picture it appears that you might have broken off the hard stop pin in Declination. That stop pin prevents the axis to rotate more than 360 degrees counterclockwise. It appears in your picture that the axis is in approximately 370 degree position. Can you verify for me whether the Dec axis has a working hard stop and cannot rotate further in either direction? You can loosen the clutches and turn the mount clockwise about 320 degrees and counterclockwise just past the marks on the side of the axis. The axis should hit the stops in each direction.

Rolando

Thanks,

Luca

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Roland Christen

Yes, I understand, but you may want to determine first that the mount works fundamentally correctly.

Rolando

Sent: Thu, Feb 4, 2021 6:33 pm

Roland: I can install SkyX on the observatory computer but at the end of the day, even if it works within SkyX, that's not how I connect to the mount. I need it to work with APCC Pro.

Ray: I have posted the logs here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnfm8y8innmpa6i/ApccZip-Luca_Marinelli-2021-02-04-192245.zip?dl=0

thank you guys,

Luca

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Luca Marinelli

Hi Roland,

The pin that limits Dec rotation is in place and the Dec axis has a hard stop in both directions, as you described.

I have installed TheSkyX on the observatory computer connected to the Mach2.

Best,

Luca

On Feb 4, 2021, at 7:38 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Yes, I understand, but you may want to determine first that the mount works fundamentally correctly.

Rolando

thank you guys,

Luca

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Ray Gralak

Luca,

Your logs indicate the mount was probably already in that position when APCC connected. Just after connecting with APCC, and even before being unparked, the mount was indicating a motor stall.

Is it possible the power was left on and the mount had tracked into that position?

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 5:01 PM

Hi Roland,

The pin that limits Dec rotation is in place and the Dec axis has a hard stop in both directions, as you described.

Best,

Luca

On Feb 4, 2021, at 7:38 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Rolando

Roland: I can install SkyX on the observatory computer but at the end of the day, even if it works within
SkyX, that's not how I connect to the mount. I need it to work with APCC Pro.

Ray: I have posted the logs here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnfm8y8innmpa6i/ApccZip-Luca_Marinelli-
2021-02-04-192245.zip?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnfm8y8innmpa6i/ApccZip-Luca_Marinelli-2021-02-
04-192245.zip?dl=0>

thank you guys,

Luca

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Roland Christen

Ok, great.

Now, please do the following.
1) in the ASCOM driver setup, uncheck the APCC tab.
2) In SkyX under "Mount Setup"  Hardware selection choose "ASCOM MOUNT"
3) unplug all the communication to the mount and establish just a USB connection from your laptop.
4) Bring SkyX up and press "Startup", then "Connect Mount".
5) If the mount was parked, then you want to press Unpark Mount.

The ASCOM driver will come up. APCC will not. (If APCC comes up, you have not unchecked the APCC tab in the Driver setup window.). You can tell that the connection is working correctly if the ASCOM driver shows the Hour Angle time is changing. That means the mount is tracking properly.

Now choose a star or object and press slew. The mount should respond and the cursor will move to the object as the mount slews. Slew to any object on any side, the mount should move to each object properly.

Then loosen the clutch knobs in both axes and move the mount manually while watching the cursor on the screen. Any and all moves by the mount, whether manual or via GoTo should show up on the SkyX map.

Go ahead and do any kind of move using the buttons on SkyX, or GoTo or manual and see if you are convinced that the mount always knows where it is pointing. Send the mount home, park the mount, send it back and forth across the meridian, move it manually upside down to any crazy position and then do a slew command to any object in the sky. All of this will work and be shown on the screen.

Now, without parking the mount, press "Shutdown" and "disconnect" while keeping SkyX up. The ASCOM driver will disappear. Then simply turn off power to the mount. Let it sit for a moment and turn power back on.
Without connecting to the mount, place your cursor on a star and press Slew. Watch what happens!

Once you have done this, you will have a deeper understanding of the mount itself and how it communicates with these basic software programs. Then it's time to add APCC into the mix and we can go from there.

Rolando

Sent: Thu, Feb 4, 2021 7:00 pm

Hi Roland,

Best,

Luca

On Feb 4, 2021, at 7:38 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Rolando

thank you guys,

Luca

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Luca Marinelli

Hi Ray,

No, I left the observatory minutes before turning on APCC and the mount was in the Park 3 position. Also, tracking would happen in RA, not Dec.

This behavior only happens upon connection with APCC. The way I get the mount back is by sending it home in the AE tab. Once I do that, everything works. Somehow it’s the mount initialization that gets all messed up.

Luca

On Feb 4, 2021, at 8:30 PM, Ray Gralak via groups.io <groups3=gralak.com@groups.io> wrote:

Luca,

Your logs indicate the mount was probably already in that position when APCC connected. Just after connecting with APCC, and even before being unparked, the mount was indicating a motor stall.

Is it possible the power was left on and the mount had tracked into that position?

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

Hi Roland,

Best,

Luca

On Feb 4, 2021, at 7:38 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Rolando

Roland: I can install SkyX on the observatory computer but at the end of the day, even if it works within

Ray: I have posted the logs here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnfm8y8innmpa6i/ApccZip-Luca_Marinelli-
2021-02-04-192245.zip?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnfm8y8innmpa6i/ApccZip-Luca_Marinelli-2021-02-
04-192245.zip?dl=0>

thank you guys,

Luca

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Ray Gralak

Hi Luca,

This behavior only happens upon connection with APCC. The way I get the mount back is by sending it home in
the AE tab. Once I do that, everything works. Somehow it’s the mount initialization that gets all messed up.
According to APCC, the mount was already stalled for some reason before it was initialized. There was no way it could move at that point.

Did you actually see the mount at Park 3 before you powered it on?

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 5:50 PM

Hi Ray,

No, I left the observatory minutes before turning on APCC and the mount was in the Park 3 position. Also,
tracking would happen in RA, not Dec.

This behavior only happens upon connection with APCC. The way I get the mount back is by sending it home in
the AE tab. Once I do that, everything works. Somehow it’s the mount initialization that gets all messed up.

Luca

On Feb 4, 2021, at 8:30 PM, Ray Gralak via groups.io <groups3=gralak.com@groups.io> wrote:

Luca,

Your logs indicate the mount was probably already in that position when APCC connected. Just after
connecting with APCC, and even before being unparked, the mount was indicating a motor stall.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

Hi Roland,

The pin that limits Dec rotation is in place and the Dec axis has a hard stop in both directions, as you
described.

Best,

Luca

Rolando

2021-02-04-192245.zip?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnfm8y8innmpa6i/ApccZip-Luca_Marinelli-2021-
02-
04-192245.zip?dl=0>

thank you guys,

Luca

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Bill Long

Can you go to the observatory and attempt to reproduce the issue while standing at next to the gear?

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Ray Gralak <groups3@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 5:58 PM

Hi Luca,

> This behavior only happens upon connection with APCC. The way I get the mount back is by sending it home in
> the AE tab. Once I do that, everything works. Somehow it’s the mount initialization that gets all messed up.

According to APCC, the mount was already stalled for some reason before it was initialized. There was no way it could move at that point.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.astro-physics.com%2Fapcc-pro&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd48454ccc8ba4e4a032e08d8c9797e22%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637480870924321472%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=HCBQG%2FxWSNJWBj6lbBukeaCmvyfPvg3IzXEGmF2kfY4%3D&amp;reserved=0
Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.siriusimaging.com%2Fapdriver&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd48454ccc8ba4e4a032e08d8c9797e22%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637480870924331467%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=rKsVAnwUhuMkLFy6oMFFRZAlxq5fC2fzL2VzmgwPxOs%3D&amp;reserved=0

> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Luca Marinelli
> Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 5:50 PM
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Dec limit in Mach2
>
> Hi Ray,
>
> No, I left the observatory minutes before turning on APCC and the mount was in the Park 3 position. Also,
> tracking would happen in RA, not Dec.
>
> This behavior only happens upon connection with APCC. The way I get the mount back is by sending it home in
> the AE tab. Once I do that, everything works. Somehow it’s the mount initialization that gets all messed up.
>
> Luca
>
> > On Feb 4, 2021, at 8:30 PM, Ray Gralak via groups.io <groups3@...> wrote:
> >
> > Luca,
> >
> > Your logs indicate the mount was probably already in that position when APCC connected. Just after
> connecting with APCC, and even before being unparked, the mount was indicating a motor stall.
> >
> > Is it possible the power was left on and the mount had tracked into that position?
> >
> > -Ray Gralak
> > Author of PEMPro
> > Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.astro-physics.com%2Fapcc-pro&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd48454ccc8ba4e4a032e08d8c9797e22%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637480870924331467%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=dxuoTZNv0UZC0V4E8nnHk1mzQ5i2Ww1fiuvKYB022CE%3D&amp;reserved=0
> > Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.siriusimaging.com%2Fapdriver&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd48454ccc8ba4e4a032e08d8c9797e22%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637480870924331467%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=rKsVAnwUhuMkLFy6oMFFRZAlxq5fC2fzL2VzmgwPxOs%3D&amp;reserved=0
> >
> >
> >> -----Original Message-----
> >> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Luca Marinelli
> >> Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 5:01 PM
> >> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> >> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Dec limit in Mach2
> >>
> >> Hi Roland,
> >>
> >> The pin that limits Dec rotation is in place and the Dec axis has a hard stop in both directions, as you
> described.
> >>
> >> I have installed TheSkyX on the observatory computer connected to the Mach2.
> >>
> >> Best,
> >>
> >> Luca
> >>
> >>
> >>    On Feb 4, 2021, at 7:38 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>    Yes, I understand, but you may want to determine first that the mount works fundamentally correctly.
> >>
> >>
> >>    Rolando
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>    -----Original Message-----
> >>    From: Luca Marinelli <photo@...>
> >>    To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> >>    Sent: Thu, Feb 4, 2021 6:33 pm
> >>    Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Dec limit in Mach2
> >>
> >>
> >>    Roland: I can install SkyX on the observatory computer but at the end of the day, even if it works within
> >> SkyX, that's not how I connect to the mount. I need it to work with APCC Pro.
> >>
> >>    Ray: I have posted the logs here: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fs%2Fqnfm8y8innmpa6i%2FApccZip-Luca_Marinelli-&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd48454ccc8ba4e4a032e08d8c9797e22%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637480870924331467%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=z%2BfPxhVtiVUOlcs141qUbf3i32l%2BKAbG3%2BODEOaLALE%3D&amp;reserved=0
> >> 2021-02-04-192245.zip?dl=0 <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fs%2Fqnfm8y8innmpa6i%2FApccZip-Luca_Marinelli-2021-&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd48454ccc8ba4e4a032e08d8c9797e22%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637480870924331467%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=RPhkVBx9%2Bh2xBgDkYKpwU%2F8itanFjLEIENquwoxouOY%3D&amp;reserved=0
> 02-
> >> 04-192245.zip?dl=0>
> >>
> >>    thank you guys,
> >>
> >>    Luca
> >>
> >>    --
> >>    Roland Christen
> >>    Astro-Physics
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>

Luca Marinelli

Ray,

Yes the mount was at Park 3 when I powered it on. I walked into the observatory and pressed the switch on the power strip in which the power supply connects. 

Roland, 

I followed your instructions and everything worked properly. The mount behaved as expected and I have no reason to believe there is a hardware malfunction.

Thank you,

Luca

On Feb 4, 2021, at 9:06 PM, Bill Long via groups.io <bill@...> wrote:

Can you go to the observatory and attempt to reproduce the issue while standing at next to the gear?

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Ray Gralak <groups3@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 5:58 PM

Hi Luca,

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.astro-physics.com%2Fapcc-pro&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd48454ccc8ba4e4a032e08d8c9797e22%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637480870924321472%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=HCBQG%2FxWSNJWBj6lbBukeaCmvyfPvg3IzXEGmF2kfY4%3D&amp;reserved=0
Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.siriusimaging.com%2Fapdriver&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd48454ccc8ba4e4a032e08d8c9797e22%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637480870924331467%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=rKsVAnwUhuMkLFy6oMFFRZAlxq5fC2fzL2VzmgwPxOs%3D&amp;reserved=0

> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Luca Marinelli
> Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 5:50 PM
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Dec limit in Mach2
>
> Hi Ray,
>
> No, I left the observatory minutes before turning on APCC and the mount was in the Park 3 position. Also,
> tracking would happen in RA, not Dec.
>
>
> Luca
>
> > On Feb 4, 2021, at 8:30 PM, Ray Gralak via groups.io <groups3@...> wrote:
> >
> > Luca,
> >
> > Your logs indicate the mount was probably already in that position when APCC connected. Just after
> connecting with APCC, and even before being unparked, the mount was indicating a motor stall.
> >
> > Is it possible the power was left on and the mount had tracked into that position?
> >
> > -Ray Gralak
> > Author of PEMPro
> > Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.astro-physics.com%2Fapcc-pro&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd48454ccc8ba4e4a032e08d8c9797e22%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637480870924331467%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=dxuoTZNv0UZC0V4E8nnHk1mzQ5i2Ww1fiuvKYB022CE%3D&amp;reserved=0
> > Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.siriusimaging.com%2Fapdriver&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd48454ccc8ba4e4a032e08d8c9797e22%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637480870924331467%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=rKsVAnwUhuMkLFy6oMFFRZAlxq5fC2fzL2VzmgwPxOs%3D&amp;reserved=0
> >
> >
> >> -----Original Message-----
> >> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Luca Marinelli
> >> Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 5:01 PM
> >> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> >> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Dec limit in Mach2
> >>
> >> Hi Roland,
> >>
> >> The pin that limits Dec rotation is in place and the Dec axis has a hard stop in both directions, as you
> described.
> >>
> >> I have installed TheSkyX on the observatory computer connected to the Mach2.
> >>
> >> Best,
> >>
> >> Luca
> >>
> >>
> >>    On Feb 4, 2021, at 7:38 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>    Yes, I understand, but you may want to determine first that the mount works fundamentally correctly.
> >>
> >>
> >>    Rolando
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>    -----Original Message-----
> >>    From: Luca Marinelli <photo@...>
> >>    To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> >>    Sent: Thu, Feb 4, 2021 6:33 pm
> >>    Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Dec limit in Mach2
> >>
> >>
> >>    Roland: I can install SkyX on the observatory computer but at the end of the day, even if it works within
> >> SkyX, that's not how I connect to the mount. I need it to work with APCC Pro.
> >>
> >>    Ray: I have posted the logs here: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fs%2Fqnfm8y8innmpa6i%2FApccZip-Luca_Marinelli-&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd48454ccc8ba4e4a032e08d8c9797e22%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637480870924331467%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=z%2BfPxhVtiVUOlcs141qUbf3i32l%2BKAbG3%2BODEOaLALE%3D&amp;reserved=0
> >> 2021-02-04-192245.zip?dl=0 <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fs%2Fqnfm8y8innmpa6i%2FApccZip-Luca_Marinelli-2021-&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd48454ccc8ba4e4a032e08d8c9797e22%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637480870924331467%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=RPhkVBx9%2Bh2xBgDkYKpwU%2F8itanFjLEIENquwoxouOY%3D&amp;reserved=0
> 02-
> >> 04-192245.zip?dl=0>
> >>
> >>    thank you guys,
> >>
> >>    Luca
> >>
> >>    --
> >>    Roland Christen
> >>    Astro-Physics
> >>
> >>