CP4 firmware help

cmaier

I was following instructions to update the CP4 firmware through the USB. I opened the utility and selected the com port of the mount and proceeded to load the zip file. Pt.2 loaded fine, then instructed me to power cycle the CP4 which I did, then failed on loading PT.1. some of the dialog is:
Downloading VCP4-P01-14pt2
Programming completed successfully
please cycle power to unit
downloading VCP4-P01-14 pt1
Exception: Timeout waiting for receiver
download aborted
prep for download
starting download
exception: too many errors caught, abandoning download
I've power cycled the CP4 and restarted the utility but it still fails. When I reconnected to the CP4 in the utility, it says "the unit is stuck in a download mode please load firmware"
Any help would be appreciated

Konstantin von Poschinger

Hi,

htere should be no powecycle between the downloads. You have to download the pt.1 and pt.2 directly one after the first.

Grüsse

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171/1983476

Am 27.02.2021 um 20:29 schrieb cmaier <maier@...>:

[...]

Thanks for the reply, that's what I  would have thought but the utility requested to power cycle after the first download, it wouldn't load the second. I'll talk to them tomorrow.