From: psparkman via groups.io <psparkman@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Jul 14, 2022 9:55 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] CP4 -08 to -13 Upgrade failure #APCC

Ok, it does not seem that I will be getting any help on this issue.  Disappointing as now the mount is acting up for the first time.  I did not move the mount or scope after this failed upgrade, and now the tracking starts to get really bad when the scope is near the the meridian.  Is there a log file for the installation process that might shed some light?

Patrick Sparkman

Thanks Roland.  I was going to try and call today.  Breaking free during the day is hard for me, and I was hoping that maybe Ray or someone else might have an idea to try.

Dale Ghent

You can also always email support@... in that case.

On Jul 14, 2022, at 12:13, psparkman via groups.io <psparkman@...> wrote:

Thanks Roland. I was going to try and call today. Breaking free during the day is hard for me, and I was hoping that maybe Ray or someone else might have an idea to try.

Howard Hedlund

Hi Patrick
I will be contacting you shortly via email.
HKH

Patrick Sparkman

Thanks Howard.  I just saw this, and oddly enough I am on hold with Amber as she is trying to get you!

Patrick Sparkman

Howard was able to help me fix my issue and my CP4 is now upgrade.  Thanks Howard!

G19

Hi Patrick, what was the solution? Maybe you can describe it briefly?

Patrick Sparkman

For me it was because of a certain run of chips that AP received that were missing part of the boot loader security.  I just gave Howard control of my computer, and he installed a new boot loader that will solve the issue permanently.  AP support is very good .

M Hambrick

Good news Patrick.

Did they happen to say whether these chips were with a certain serial number range of CP4 control boxes ? I ask because I have an older (Serial # 0671) CP4, and I recently made the same version upgrade jump as you did from P02-08 to P02-13 without any issues. The only difference was that I used the ethernet cable to connect from my laptop to the mount.

Mike

Patrick Sparkman

You would need to call them and ask, but I would think that since your CP4 upgraded you are good.