From: Brian Valente
Sent: Tuesday, February 9, 2021 10:38 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Counterweight Shaft Case

with all these great ideas and enthusiasm for transporting the counterweight shaft, now i kind of feel like a sucker for just leaving mine on a pier and not moving it! :)

Barry Megdal

I was referring to the idea of putting the shaft end cap onto the mount for storage.

dvjbaja

People use counterweights?

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

with all these great ideas and enthusiasm for transporting the counterweight shaft, now i kind of feel like a sucker for just leaving mine on a pier and not moving it! :)

Woody Schlom

Brian,

Oh yeah, you’re missing out on all the “fun” of portable observing – which includes sore muscles, barked knees and elbows, dust, insect bites, wild animals, dust, cold – and did I mention dust?

Woody

with all these great ideas and enthusiasm for transporting the counterweight shaft, now i kind of feel like a sucker for just leaving mine on a pier and not moving it! :)

mdine1us

And, don’t forget 2.5 hour drives to a dark site!🥺

//Marty is mobile
Ad Astra