Counterweight Shaft Adapter with Stainless Inserts on Web Site

M Hambrick

I just saw in the new products section of the A-P web site that they will be offering the counterweight shaft adapters with the stainless steel inserts starting this fall for the Mach 1, 900, 1200, and 1600 mounts, but I don't see the 1100 mount in the list of mounts for which these are available. Will we be able to get these adapters for the 1100 mounts ?

Mike

Mike,

You were very quick to notice those. They have only been up a short time late this afternoon. Here is the availability:

S900CSA: in stock, but low quantity

S1200CSA: in stock, low quantity

S1100CSA: in stock

S1600CSA, Fall

SM1CSA, Fall

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics

11250 Forest Hills Road

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

www.astro-physics.com

I just saw in the new products section of the A-P web site that they will be offering the counterweight shaft adapters with the stainless steel inserts starting this fall for the Mach 1, 900, 1200, and 1600 mounts, but I don't see the 1100 mount in the list of mounts for which these are available. Will we be able to get these adapters for the 1100 mounts ?

Mike

Jeffc

OMG.   Order placed!

After using the DELUXE counterweight shaft threads on the Mach2 i've been wishing for the same on the 1200 (and 1100) which I must admit I struggle somewhat to find that initial "bite" of the shaft threads.

On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 4:59 PM Marj Christen <marj@...> wrote:

[...]

Dale Ghent

Hi Marj,

Just so I’m clear and don’t pick up something that I might already be getting, 1100s in the run that is currently undergoing assembly and shipping will not feature the S1100CSA, correct? Would it be possible to call the office and add it to my existing mount order, for it to be installed as an option there to avoid wasting the stock aluminum part?

[...]

Konstantin von Poschinger

Hi,

I would like to give the advice, that the new counter weight shaft is different to the old ones. The newer has a longer flat part bevore the thread beginns. So it is no problem to insert. Ihave decided to put a part on my older ones in the diameter ot theinner thread. I think you will not need the new parts. What you have to do is digging a small thread in the shaft that can hold the new part. I will send a picture later.

Grüsse

Konstantin

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171/1983476

[...]

skester@...

Dale,

New production 1100GTOs do include the stainless steel insert.

Scott

Cheng-Yang Tan

Hi Marj
   Is the
            SM1CSA

for the Mach1GTO?

cytan

On Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 06:59:42 PM CDT, Marj Christen <marj@...> wrote:

[...]

Oh awesome, thanks for cluing me in. I must have missed mention of this before.

On May 20, 2021, at 09:05, skester@gmail.com wrote:

Dale,

New production 1100GTOs do include the stainless steel insert.

Scott

Dale Ghent

Thank you, Konstantin

I'll take your word for it :) Going off of my experience with a Mach1 and 1200GTO, it's great to know that the new design is incorporated in the current iteration of the 1100. I will certainly be ordering this as a retrofit for my Mach1, though!

On May 19, 2021, at 19:59, Marj Christen <marj@astro-physics.com> wrote:

[...]

Manusfisch

Here is the new Mach2 shaft end design on Left with older 1100 on Right
20210520_093631.jpg

On May 20, 2021, at 08:28, Konstantin von Poschinger <KPoschinger@...> wrote:

[...]

Thomas Fischer
tjfischer653@...
The Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center

Roland Christen

All the mounts that we are shipping this year have the steel inserts. That includes the 1100 run, the Mach2 and 1600s.

Roland

I just saw in the new products section of the A-P web site that they will be offering the counterweight shaft adapters with the stainless steel inserts starting this fall for the Mach 1, 900, 1200, and 1600 mounts, but I don't see the 1100 mount in the list of mounts for which these are available. Will we be able to get these adapters for the 1100 mounts ?

Mike

Karen Christen

Hi Cytan,

Yes, the SM1CSA is for the Mach1GTO.