Copy APMM model from one computer to another

Rick Darden

Hi All,

I run 2 imaging systems on my AP1000AE and use 2 independent computers to run each system. I do this because I have had driver issues running both on the same computer.

I built a pointing model on one and copied it to the other. But when I startup the second computer, the telescope pointer in my planetarium program is 90 degrees from where it should be.

I park in pos 5 and the pointer should be due north but it is due east and when I slew, it works from that east position.

I checked all the settings in APCC Pro, the V2 driver and the planetarium software and they are all the same.

Any clue?

Hi Rick

When you load your model onto the new computer do you solve and recal?

--
Brian

Brian Valente

Ray Gralak

Hi Rick,

If there are two different telescopes involved, then you normally wouldn't want to use the same model for both.

That said, just copying the model is insufficient to configure your second computer. You should:

1) Use APCC's menu File->Save Settings as.. to save the settings information to a file.
2) Copy the file to the second computer.
3) Use APCC's menu, File->Load Settings.. to load the settings information in the file.
4) Each computer should be configured to unpark from the last parked position.

-Ray

I run 2 imaging systems on my AP1000AE and use 2 independent computers to run each system. I do this
because I have had driver issues running both on the same computer.

I built a pointing model on one and copied it to the other. But when I startup the second computer, the
telescope pointer in my planetarium program is 90 degrees from where it should be.

I park in pos 5 and the pointer should be due north but it is due east and when I slew, it works from that east
position.

I checked all the settings in APCC Pro, the V2 driver and the planetarium software and they are all the same.

Any clue?

Rick Darden

Gee I will have to check that. Can't remember if I did.

Rick Darden

Hi Ray,

I think I did that, but I will check. I was working initially on both computers and then, one day, it was off by 90 degrees on startup.

But your comment that a model for each is best makes sense since the model accounts for scope related issues as well. I think that right there solves my issue and I'll make a separate model for each.

Thank You Ray!

Ray Gralak

Rick,

But your comment that a model for each is best makes sense since the model accounts for scope related
issues as well. I think that right there solves my issue and I'll make a separate model for each.
I don't think this would cause the mount to be off by 90 degrees. Most likely the site location or time zone were different between the computers. That might happen if you loaded the settings *after* APCC on the new computer had already initialized the mount.

Also, the mount position would be incorrect if APCC on the second computer unparked the mount from a different position than where the first computer had parked it. It is best to unpark from last-parked position unless it is a new setup location or you moved the scope to a park position by hand.