Cloudy Nights post about the Mach 2 needs clarification

Roland Christen

Hello Guys,

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/767964-lets-torture-the-mach-2/page-3#entry11371098

Can someone please post a reply to the confusion that Mr. Wang's post is causing about his Mach2 not being able to carry his TOA telescope. We have communicated with Mr. Wang and sent him instructions that will fix the issue, but he has not posted anything further. he will not be able to implement the fix for several weeks because the mount is at another facility.

For sure the mount can carry the TOA telescope and much more weight. We discovered a small error in his parameters which he can fix easily with a simple command.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/767964-lets-torture-the-mach-2/page-3#entry11371098

If someone can post an update to this thread,I will be able to sleep better tonight.

Thanks,

Rolando

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

Roland said:

• ….I will be able to sleep better tonight.

That’s the second time you suggested sleeping at night.  You do realize the rest of us depend on you imaging and working on new equipment at night, not sleeping, right?   😊

Linwood

Worsel

Terroll responded as you requested.  Whether or not it convinces Mr. Wang or solves his 'oscillation' is to be seen.

Bryan

Roland Christen

I am actually imaging right now with my rig. Won't be going home for a while. Trying to nail down the Elephant trunk.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Sep 18, 2021 9:37 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Cloudy Nights post about the Mach 2 needs clarification

Roland said:

• ….
    I will be able to sleep better tonight.

That’s the second time you suggested sleeping at night.  You do realize the rest of us depend on you imaging and working on new equipment at night, not sleeping, right?   😊

Linwood

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Roland Christen

Mr Wang is already convinced. He worked with me to solve his issue, so he is all set. He is most likely not available right now to post anything. I believe he is traveling.

Rolando

To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Sep 18, 2021 10:08 pm

Terroll responded as you requested.  Whether or not it convinces Mr. Wang or solves his 'oscillation' is to be seen.

Bryan

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Roland Christen

Thank you all for coming to my rescue.
And now back to my imaging. Night is clear with a bit of smoke from the West. Seeing is medium, tracking is excellent with model running and slight bump guiding so I can recover from dither.

Rolando

To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Sep 18, 2021 10:16 pm

Mr Wang is already convinced. He worked with me to solve his issue, so he is all set. He is most likely not available right now to post anything. I believe he is traveling.

Rolando

Sent: Sat, Sep 18, 2021 10:08 pm

Bryan

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

M Hambrick

There seems to have been some sort of cyber-security incident at Cloudy Nights. Since a couple days ago you must sign into your account just to be able to look at the classified listings. This morning, the classified menu tab is not even visible until you have signed in.

Mike

mjb87@...

I'm a moderator at Cloudy Nights (Observatories, Mounts, etc.). There has been no breach of security at Cloudy Nights. What we have observed, common to many astronomy sites, is concerted efforts by spammers to use passwords found elsewhere on the internet (as other sites have been hacked) to attempt to take over user accounts at Cloudy Nights, specifically in order to post bogus ads.  It has been successful a couple of times. This is a good time to exercise proper web hygiene -- don't reuse passwords and change them periodically.

Karen Christen

Thank you for the clarification, mjb87.  That’s helpful.

Karen

AP

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of mjb87 via groups.io
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2021 4:02 PM

I'm a moderator at Cloudy Nights (Observatories, Mounts, etc.). There has been no breach of security at Cloudy Nights. What we have observed, common to many astronomy sites, is concerted efforts by spammers to use passwords found elsewhere on the internet (as other sites have been hacked) to attempt to take over user accounts at Cloudy Nights, specifically in order to post bogus ads.  It has been successful a couple of times. This is a good time to exercise proper web hygiene -- don't reuse passwords and change them periodically.

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

fernandorivera3

I always remain signed in to my Cloudy Nights account via my smartphone. The classifieds remain visible- never experienced any security breach issues or anything that resembles the CN website being hijacked/compromised 🤔

Fernando