Christmas ornament in the sky

Roland Christen

Hi Astrogeeks,

Just in time for the season, a beautiful bauble hanging high in the sky right now, well within reach of even the smallest scopes. This was my Fall project that took several months to gather all the data for a real deep sky look at this region of hydrogen, oxygen and sulfur clouds. These three elements are the building blocks of life and makes possible our existence here on our blue marble. They were cooked up, of course, inside a star that exploded as a Super Nova (or possibly not, I wasn't there to see it).

https://www.astrobin.com/full/3gkkye/0/

I cropped the Bubble itself into a closeup, double sized it and did some processing using Lucy-Richardson deconvolution in MaximDL to bring out the detail inside the Bubble:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/elwdhu/0/

Merry merry,

Greg Salyer

Roland, that may be the best Bubble image I’ve ever seen. How did you map the individual filters?

Greg

On Dec 20, 2020, at 1:26 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Hi Astrogeeks,

Just in time for the season, a beautiful bauble hanging high in the sky right now, well within reach of even the smallest scopes. This was my Fall project that took several months to gather all the data for a real deep sky look at this region of hydrogen, oxygen and sulfur clouds. These three elements are the building blocks of life and makes possible our existence here on our blue marble. They were cooked up, of course, inside a star that exploded as a Super Nova (or possibly not, I wasn't there to see it).

https://www.astrobin.com/full/3gkkye/0/

I cropped the Bubble itself into a closeup, double sized it and did some processing using Lucy-Richardson deconvolution in MaximDL to bring out the detail inside the Bubble:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/elwdhu/0/

Merry merry,

Steven Panish

Spectacular!  A great year-end present!
Steve

On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 1:26 PM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Astrogeeks,

Just in time for the season, a beautiful bauble hanging high in the sky right now, well within reach of even the smallest scopes. This was my Fall project that took several months to gather all the data for a real deep sky look at this region of hydrogen, oxygen and sulfur clouds. These three elements are the building blocks of life and makes possible our existence here on our blue marble. They were cooked up, of course, inside a star that exploded as a Super Nova (or possibly not, I wasn't there to see it).

I cropped the Bubble itself into a closeup, double sized it and did some processing using Lucy-Richardson deconvolution in MaximDL to bring out the detail inside the Bubble:

Merry merry,

Thorsten Lockert

Ron W. and I think you probably cheated. You used your own optics/telescope, didn't you...? ;-)

That is ... beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Thorsten

thefamily90 Phillips

Now that is one beautiful bauble!!

Jim