From: Bob Luffel <bluffel@nukin.gr.hp.com>
To: ap-gto@egroups.com
Sent: July 6, 2000 6:35:53 PM GMT
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Cases

John,

Excellent idea, I never checked Tenba's site until now. The monitor cases come
in a variety of sizes (and with handles and wheels). The prices seemed pretty
high, though ($400-600). I wonder what the typical mail order discounters
for these - do you know of a good source?

(Tenba's website is at www.tenba.com)

Bob

Bob and all,

Steve Mandel and I used cases from Tenba to transport a complete AP 900 mount and pedistal assembly. They make a great PAD case that holds a 42" high pedistal, footing, legs and tension bars, plus room for extras. Heavy duty zippers, and velcro fasteners, it is octagonal in shape and can be opened at both ends. In fact it can be opened completely into a flat configuration. It is cordura over hard plastic. Tenba also makes PC monitor cases that are ideal for holding the fully assembled 900 head. Hard plastic, foam filled shell covered by cordura. Worked perfect! We just wrapped the head in bubble pack. These cases are all light weight. We've used these on two trips to Australia and all equipment came through perfectly. The cordura covering hardly shows a skuff.

I purchased a second PAD bag that holds my 6" f/7 case tightly. It provided nice outer protection. The OTA came thorugh without the need for collimation.

I've used Pelican cases to transport G11 mounts as well. Very nice, but heavy.

Cheers,

John Gleason
www.celestialimage.com