Carrying case for Mach2

Shailesh Trivedi

I was notified yesterday that my Mach2 is shipping this week. I am excited.

I tried unsuccessfully, to find related threads as I am sure this has been asked before, but please indulge. Can one of you wonderful folks here recommend a carrying case for Mach2?

Thanks,

Shailesh

Dean Jacobsen

Edited

Hi, congratulations on the new mount.

Search on Mach2 case.

Here is a thread from last year that I started on the same topic:

https://ap-gto.groups.io/g/main/topic/74420921#70483
--
Dean Jacobsen
Astrobin Image Gallery - https://www.astrobin.com/users/deanjacobsen/

Michael Kelly

How long did it take from the time you ordered to shipping?

Best,

Michael

On Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 10:57:55 AM EDT, Shailesh Trivedi <strivedi@...> wrote:

I tried unsuccessfully, to find related threads as I am sure this has been asked before, but please indulge. Can one of you wonderful folks here recommend a carrying case for Mach2?

Thanks,

Shailesh

Shailesh Trivedi

Michael,

If you mean sign up for notification, to this week it is about 3 years. But recall 2020 was pretty much washed out, so technically 2.something years

Shailesh

Shailesh Trivedi

Dean,

Thank you for pointing me to the thread on the case topic.

I will review it.

Shailesh

Michael Kelly

3 years?!?!  As in tres anos?  Holy smokes!!!!!

On Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 04:29:03 PM EDT, Shailesh Trivedi <strivedi@...> wrote:

Dean,

Thank you for pointing me to the thread on the case topic.

I will review it.

Shailesh

Shailesh Trivedi

Michael,

Discount 2020 due to covid, so about 2 years.

Shailesh

Bill Long

Also the list went up while the final design and testing phases were still in progress. Then the production run started and COVID-19 hit. So the timelines are all skewed.

AP did an amazing job getting mounts to people given the circumstances. 

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Shailesh Trivedi <strivedi@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 1:52 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Carrying case for Mach2

Michael,

Shailesh

Karen Christen

Hello Astro-Nuts:

For clarification:

• We introduced the Mach2 at NEAF in April 2019.  At that time we opened the Notify Me list on our website.  (No one has waited 3 years.)
  • We accepted the first orders for Mach2s in September 2019 (2 years ago).
  • While Mr Trivedi was on the notification list since Spring 2019, we reached his name and he placed his order in April 2021.
  • Between supply chain challenges, an almost 3-month factory shutdown, and more, Covid has definitely delayed production of our entire line of products.

We’re steadily working to make mounts, scopes, and accessories.  We’re well into our next 1600GTO production run, and have started the next Mach2 run, as well.  We anticipate

Mach2 notification to begin early in 2022, maybe sooner if things smooth out a bit.  We appreciate your patience.

Karen

AP

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Long
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 4:17 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

Also the list went up while the final design and testing phases were still in progress. Then the production run started and COVID-19 hit. So the timelines are all skewed.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Shailesh Trivedi <strivedi@...>

Michael,

Shailesh

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Michael Kelly

Oh thanks for the clarification!!!  I sent an email to AP to get on the Mach2 list. Maybe get on the 1100 list as well!!!!

On Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 05:32:47 PM EDT, Karen Christen <karen@...> wrote:

Hello Astro-Nuts:

For clarification:

• We introduced the Mach2 at NEAF in April 2019.  At that time we opened the Notify Me list on our website.  (No one has waited 3 years.)
  • We accepted the first orders for Mach2s in September 2019 (2 years ago).
  • While Mr Trivedi was on the notification list since Spring 2019, we reached his name and he placed his order in April 2021.
  • Between supply chain challenges, an almost 3-month factory shutdown, and more, Covid has definitely delayed production of our entire line of products.

We’re steadily working to make mounts, scopes, and accessories.  We’re well into our next 1600GTO production run, and have started the next Mach2 run, as well.  We anticipate

Mach2 notification to begin early in 2022, maybe sooner if things smooth out a bit.  We appreciate your patience.

Karen

AP

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Long
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 4:17 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

Michael,

Shailesh

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Shane Ramotowski

Hi Shailesh,

Here is a link to a post with my solution:
<https://ap-gto.groups.io/g/main/message/79079>

It's a tight fit...I have to take the saddle off and rotate the altitude axis just about all the way.  But it's nice and small and _very_ protected.  Pelican doesn't mess around when it comes to good cases!

- Shane

On 9/14/2021 8:57 AM, Shailesh Trivedi wrote:

Thanks,

Shailesh
--
Shane Ramotowski
kor@cotse.net
https://www.kor-astro.net

Shailesh Trivedi

Karen,

Thank you for the clarification. Even though it took ~ 2 years (2 years 5 months to be precise)  but most challenges were beyond AP's control like Bill Long points out, AP did a great job; the timelines were skewed due to acts beyond anyone's control, including delays of ~4 months due to Covid related delays with Renishaw. We all hope that the worst is behind us.

Shailesh

Shailesh Trivedi

Thank you Shane, i will review it.

Shailesh

ernie.mastroianni@...

Take a look at the Seahorse 920 case specifications.  Fits my Mach2 perfectly, without taking off my short AP saddle. about $150 shipped.
https://www.casesbymasco.com/product-130020/920-Protective-Case.html

Shailesh Trivedi

Thank you Ernie, can you post a picture?

Shailesh

Greg McCall

I wrap the mount in a big beach towel and secure the towel with a couple of short cargo straps wrapped around the mount as it takes up less space in the back of the car. I pick it up at a couple of points by grabbing the straps.