Topics

Can't Connect To CP4

Calypte

Some years ago, I decided that I wanted to set up a home wifi network.  It's standard stuff now, but at the time I thought it was pretty special, and I thought *I* was special for doing it.  I thought that I should try ethernet before plunging into wireless, since ethernet was the older, more established technology.  I got ethernet to work, but it turned out that ethernet was more complex and touchy than just going wireless from the start.  With wireless, the software just goes and searches for a network and connects.  What I thought was hard turned out to be easy, and what I thought was easy was hard.  I'm sure this is all old hat to people who work with networks.