Can I have more than one modeling and load the one I need? #APCC #Absolute_Encoders #Mach2GTO

Marcelo Figueroa

Here is the question, some nights here are quite warm, about 20º C, resulting in a large number of useless frames, other nights are colder and there the modeling I have works perfectly.

And I was wondering if I could have a two or more modeling, so if the night is very hot I load modeling 1 and if the night is cold I load modeling 2.

Is it possible to do that in APCC/APPM?

Ray Gralak

Hi Marcelo,

And I was wondering if I could have a two or more modeling, so if the night is very hot I load modeling 1 and if
the night is cold I load modeling 2.
Yes, you can load data points from any ".PNT" file. Although APCC does account for refraction changes due to temperature, pressure, and humidity, there are additional factors affected by temperature, such as the flexure of the various components. The flexure of most materials will change relative to temperature, becoming more flexible as temperature rises.

So, you can either create or use a different model, or live with shorter exposure durations with a model built at a significantly different temperature. In the long term APPM may eventually use multiple PNT file collected over many months to create a dynamic model that accounts for flexure changes due to temperature.

-Ray

Here is the question, some nights here are quite warm, about 20º C, resulting in a large number of useless
frames, other nights are colder and there the modeling I have works perfectly.

And I was wondering if I could have a two or more modeling, so if the night is very hot I load modeling 1 and if
the night is cold I load modeling 2.

Is it possible to do that in APCC/APPM?

Ray I thought APCC already adjusted the model for temperature fluctuations? (and pressure too)

Brian

Hi  Marcelo,

--
Brian

Brian Valente

Worsel

Marcelo

FYI, following Ray's note, PNT models are filed in C:\ProgramData\Astro-Physics\APCC\Models

Bryan

Ray Gralak

Ray I thought APCC already adjusted the model for temperature fluctuations? (and pressure too)
Yes, APCC Pro does adjust the model for the refraction, but not for changes in materials/system flexure. The former can be calculated via a formula, but the latter only interpolated/extrapolated from multiple data models sampled at different temperatures.

-Ray

Ray I thought APCC already adjusted the model for temperature fluctuations? (and pressure too)

Brian

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 7:25 AM Ray Gralak <iogroups@siriusimaging.com> wrote:

Hi Marcelo,

> And I was wondering if I could have a two or more modeling, so if the night is very hot I load modeling
1 and if
> the night is cold I load modeling 2.

Yes, you can load data points from any ".PNT" file. Although APCC does account for refraction changes
due to temperature, pressure, and humidity, there are additional factors affected by temperature, such as the
flexure of the various components. The flexure of most materials will change relative to temperature, becoming
more flexible as temperature rises.

So, you can either create or use a different model, or live with shorter exposure durations with a model
built at a significantly different temperature. In the long term APPM may eventually use multiple PNT file
collected over many months to create a dynamic model that accounts for flexure changes due to temperature.

-Ray

portfolio brianvalentephotography.com <http://brianvalentephotography.com>

Marcelo Figueroa

Thank you all. Actually most of the time the modeling works perfect, but from time to time I have some very hot nights, with a lot of heat accumulated during the day being released at night (I'm in the middle of the city) which ruins a good percentage of the frames.