California on fire

Glenn

I hope my fellow Californians will forgive the topic title—we've had too many fires lately. But this picture does remind me of a long streak of fire in the sky. I've always wanted to image this one. I used my new ASI294MM Pro camera, Starizona Apex ED L reducer, and Astrodon 5 nm filters. My trusty Mach1 performed flawlessly night after night, as it always does. I chose the HSO color palette rather than my usual SHO because the resulting colors enhance the flame-like appearance of the nebula.

The picture and image details can be found on AstroBin.

Kind regards,

Glenn Diekmann
Southern California

Jeff B

Ooooooooh niiiiiiiiiiice!

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 7:56 PM Glenn <public@...> wrote:

I hope my fellow Californians will forgive the topic title—we've had too many fires lately. But this picture does remind me of a long streak of fire in the sky. I've always wanted to image this one. I used my new ASI294MM Pro camera, Starizona Apex ED L reducer, and Astrodon 5 nm filters. My trusty Mach1 performed flawlessly night after night, as it always does. I chose the HSO color palette rather than my usual SHO because the resulting colors enhance the flame-like appearance of the nebula.

The picture and image details can be found on AstroBin.

Kind regards,

Glenn Diekmann
Southern California

KHursh

Gotta be honest, headline scared the bejeezus outta me. I've been evacuated too many times.

Glenn

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 05:56 PM, KHursh wrote:
Gotta be honest, headline scared the bejeezus outta me. I've been evacuated too many times.
I feel bad about the topic title! I almost changed it but kept it at the last minute.

Dean Jacobsen

Excellent Glenn!

I just picked up a new ASI294MM Pro last week as an upgrade from my ASI1600MM.  I hope to be able to try it out soon.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Roland Christen

Hooollly cow! That is quite a flame.

I hope my fellow Californians will forgive the topic title—we've had too many fires lately. But this picture does remind me of a long streak of fire in the sky. I've always wanted to image this one. I used my new ASI294MM Pro camera, Starizona Apex ED L reducer, and Astrodon 5 nm filters. My trusty Mach1 performed flawlessly night after night, as it always does. I chose the HSO color palette rather than my usual SHO because the resulting colors enhance the flame-like appearance of the nebula.

The picture and image details can be found on AstroBin.

Kind regards,

Glenn Diekmann
Southern California

Karen Christen

That’s breathtaking.  Your title is perfect.

Karen

AP

I hope my fellow Californians will forgive the topic title—we've had too many fires lately. But this picture does remind me of a long streak of fire in the sky. I've always wanted to image this one. I used my new ASI294MM Pro camera, Starizona Apex ED L reducer, and Astrodon 5 nm filters. My trusty Mach1 performed flawlessly night after night, as it always does. I chose the HSO color palette rather than my usual SHO because the resulting colors enhance the flame-like appearance of the nebula.

The picture and image details can be found on AstroBin.

Kind regards,

Glenn Diekmann
Southern California

--