C11 on AP600

RCK <rkuberek@...>

Hi all,

I have used the C11 on the AP600 for long exposure self-guided images
with the ST7 camera. For this I used the DC11 mounting plate and AP
DOVELM, which accepts the DC11. No problems, but the mount required
three 9 lb. counter weights to balance in RA. The dovetail arrangement
allows you to slide the OTA forward as much as you want to achieve
balance in DEC.

Comparison image of M51 with 6" AP vs. C11, both mounted on the AP600
is here:

http://sciastro.net/flashca/New990531.htm

Regards,
Bob Kuberek

lazhow@prodigy.net wrote:

Hi Paul;
Same problem may not be able to try out till late August. AP far behind on dovetail plates both male and female....anyone with experience would be helpful. I think Todd maybe the only one who uses a 9.25 SCT and an other gentlemen in the group uses a C11 but his name skips my memeory....any polar alignment problems or balancing problems, Todd????????

FreeShop is the #1 place for free and trial offers and great deals!
Try something new and discover more ways to save!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/381

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ap-gto

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ap-gto

howard lazarus <lazhow@...>

Hi Bob;
Many thanks for the reply. The Meade being lighter than the C 11 I am hoping that I can get away without using the additional weight. It seems you are stating that there is little of no difference in the Polar Aignment process and that the mount with the C11 on will continue to center its tarket objectsd fairly well.
I too will have the Dovelm and the DC 10 from Losmandy as per AP instructions to me. They felt that additional weights would npt be required...hope they are right.
Once again, thanks for your imput
Howard Lazarus