BTW, here is my latest CCD image (NGC 6946):

Mark Jenkins <markj@...>

http://www.gralak.com/Astro/NGC6946-LRGB.jpg
-Ray Gralak

Awesome image Ray!

What are the details?

Camera, exposures, processing, etc...

Inquiring minds want to know! ;-)

--
Clear Skies!

Mark Jenkins
markj@pcsincnet.com
http://www.pcsincnet.com/astronomy/

Ray Gralak <ray@...>

http://www.gralak.com/Astro/NGC6946-LRGB.jpg
-Ray Gralak

Awesome image Ray!

What are the details?

Camera, exposures, processing, etc...

Inquiring minds want to know! ;-)
Hi Mark,

Thanks!

Equipment:
AP 1200 GTO (makes this ON topic!)
RCOS 10" Ritchey-Cretian scope.
SBIG ST-8E + CFW8 + AO-7.

Exposures:
10 x 10 minutes Luminance
3 x 5 minutes Red, Green, and Blue

Processing:
MaximDl was used for image acquisition
I used Photoshop 5.5 to do color combination (LRGB).
Mild stretching and an unsharp mask was also done in Photoshop,
as well as the "repair" of a couple of minor blooming spikes on
the two brightest stars.

-Ray

Ray Gralak <ray@...>

FWIW, Here is a picture of my setup at Mt. Lassen last weekend:

http://www.gralak.com/Astro/LassenEquip.jpg

Equipment:
AP 1200 GTO (makes this ON topic!)
RCOS 10" Ritchey-Cretian scope.
SBIG ST-8E + CFW8 + AO-7.

Exposures:
10 x 10 minutes Luminance
3 x 5 minutes Red, Green, and Blue

Processing:
MaximDl was used for image acquisition
I used Photoshop 5.5 to do color combination (LRGB).
Mild stretching and an unsharp mask was also done in Photoshop,
as well as the "repair" of a couple of minor blooming spikes on
the two brightest stars.

-Ray

http://click.egroups.com/1/5533/7/_/3615/_/962935059/

Bob Luffel <bluffel@...>

Hello Ray,

Very nice image. I assume that this image was acquired at Mt. Lassen?
It would be interesting to know where each of the images on your site were
taken. Particularly, which ones were taken in your backyard vs at better
sites. I am used to traveling to dark sites for my film astrophotos, but
as I get older and lazier I want to stay closer to home.

I am starting a backyard observatory and am curious just what kind
of results can be had from light polluted skies (mine is not too bad, at
least I can still make out the entire little dipper). I got in on the
next run of 1200GTOs, so at least getting objects onto the CCD in my
backyard skies will be less of a problem (currently I use a GM200).

Bob Luffel

FWIW, Here is a picture of my setup at Mt. Lassen last weekend:

http://www.gralak.com/Astro/LassenEquip.jpg

Equipment:
AP 1200 GTO (makes this ON topic!)
RCOS 10" Ritchey-Cretian scope.
SBIG ST-8E + CFW8 + AO-7.

Exposures:
10 x 10 minutes Luminance
3 x 5 minutes Red, Green, and Blue

Processing:
MaximDl was used for image acquisition
I used Photoshop 5.5 to do color combination (LRGB).
Mild stretching and an unsharp mask was also done in Photoshop,
as well as the "repair" of a couple of minor blooming spikes on
the two brightest stars.

-Ray

http://click.egroups.com/1/5533/7/_/3615/_/962935059/

Missing old school friends? Find them here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/5534/7/_/3615/_/962936921/

Ray Gralak <ray@...>

Hi Bob,

Thanks.

I have been meaning to reorganize my web site into a better format. When
I do that I will indicate where each image was taken from. But the majority
were actually taken from my backyard in light-polluted San Jose, California.

[...]

Free Worldwide Calling with Firetalk!
Click Here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/5481/7/_/3615/_/962992614/