Broken URL for Mac FTDI Driver

midmoastro

It appears the FTDi driver link for Mac is broken at this page: https://www.astro-physics.com/software-updates/
When I click it I am taken to the website but get the following:

Oops! That page can’t be found.

It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try one of the links below or a search?

Can someone confirm and fix the broken link?
Thanks
Todd

Peter Nagy

Try go directly to FTDI web site.

https://ftdichip.com/drivers/

Peter

midmoastro

I did that and assume its at this page but I would prefer not to guess. https://ftdichip.com/drivers/vcp-drivers/
It looks like the same URL on the astro-physics page and the VCP driver page under https://ftdichip.com/drivers/vcp-drivers/ and X64 but that is an older driver and only supports
Mac OS X 10.3 to 10.8

There is an X64 for Mac OS X 10.9 and above but that is version 2.4.4. Its signed by Apple though.
I am running BigSur 11.2.3. I would just like clarification that is the correct file and they likely need to update the broken link anyway.
Todd

midmoastro

To better clarify, I dont know if 2.4.4 works with USB on GTOCP4 and GTOCP5.

Howdy,

The FTDI driver is for your computer, and not for the CP4 or CP5. With it, your computer will be able to communicate with anything that has an FTDI chip, not just the CP4 and CP5.

2.4.4 will work with your later version of Mac OS.  I will look at updating our website.

Thanks,

Liam Plybon

Astro-Physics

To better clarify, I dont know if 2.4.4 works with USB on GTOCP4 and GTOCP5.

midmoastro

Thank you Liam. I realize its for the Mac, maybe I mispoke, I just wanted to ensure it would work with CP4. The AP website only listed the older version in the link so I wasnt sure.
Thank you,
Todd