From: Marcelo Figueroa via groups.io <marfig1970@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Sep 15, 2020 7:15 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Best guiding practices with the Mach2 and PHD2? #Mach2GTO #Guiding

My Mach2 is now working well thanks to the people at AP :-).

Yesterday I built my first modeling, surprisingly easy. And I know that the main goal of an encoder mount is to eliminate guiding, but I am very curious about the idea of "Nudge Guiding" posted by Roland a couple of days ago.

I use PHD2 with a guide scope, what would be the best practices and settings for a Mach2?

Thank you,

Terri Zittritsch

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 08:15 PM, Marcelo Figueroa wrote:
My Mach2 is now working well thanks to the people at AP :-).

Marcelo, can you share what was fixed on your Mach2, maybe we can compare notes off-line.     I am theresamarie11 at gmail dot com and feel free to e-mail me.

Terri

Marcelo Figueroa

Thank you Roland. I'll try it next time.

—
Marcelo Figueroa

On Sep 15, 2020, at 22:23, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Guide with medium to low aggression. Set guide exposure between 2 - 3 seconds. Guide once every 10 seconds, or perhaps every 15 seconds, depending on how accurately your model is working.

Rolando