Topics

Basic question

Suresh Mohan

Hi ,
Let’s suppose I do not park my mount . I power off in the morning . I power it up in the evening , would the mount remember where Sirius would be at 7 pm ?
Suresh

Mike Dodd

On 2/8/2020 11:30 PM, Suresh Mohan wrote:
Hi , Let’s suppose I do not park my mount . I power off in the
morning . I power it up in the evening , would the mount remember
where Sirius would be at 7 pm ?
Found in my keypad manual:
"you may choose one of four pre-determined park positions, plus the “park in place”, or you may simply remove the power and the drive electronics will store the information regarding the last position in its memory (though it will immediately begin tracking when next powered up)."

--- Mike

Don Anderson

Hi Suresh
You can shut off the power to the mount anywhere and it will remember where it is when you power it back up. However, Sirius will have moved on and you will have to issue a new goto to send the scope to Sirius again.
Hope this helps
Don

On Feb 8, 2020, at 11:31 PM, Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

Hi ,
Let’s suppose I do not park my mount . I power off in the morning . I power it up in the evening , would the mount remember where Sirius would be at 7 pm ?
Suresh

Suresh Mohan

Don!!
Thanks !!
Suresh

On 09-Feb-2020, at 7:58 PM, Don Anderson via Groups.Io <jockey_ca=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Suresh
You can shut off the power to the mount anywhere and it will remember where it is when you power it back up. However, Sirius will have moved on and you will have to issue a new goto to send the scope to Sirius again.
Hope this helps
Don
On Feb 8, 2020, at 11:31 PM, Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

Hi ,
Let’s suppose I do not park my mount . I power off in the morning . I power it up in the evening , would the mount remember where Sirius would be at 7 pm ?
Suresh

Suresh Mohan

Thank you Mike
Suresh

uncarollo2 <chris1011@aol.com>

Let’s suppose I do not park my mount . I power off in the morning . I power it up in the evening , would the mount remember where Sirius would be at 7 pm ?
Yes. The mount doesn't care if you park or not.

The mount would only be lost if you loosen the clutches and move the axes manually. In that case you would put the mount manually into one of the park positions (Park X) and do a "Resume from Park X".

Our newest mount, the Mach2 has eliminated that concern and it will happily remember everything, even if you loosen the clutches and move the axes while un-powered. Even un-powered the absolute encoders in the Mach2 will keep track of where the mount is pointed at all times.