Barnard 62 & 63 Plus a Bunch of LDN Objects

Dean Jacobsen

This is the first Milky Way shot for me this year and a chance to check off some more dark nebula on my to-do list.

This image is centered on Barnard 63 and includes Barnard 62 as well as a good number of dark nebula from Beverly Lynds' Dark Nebula catalog:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/7bes64/0/

Although my imaging location is relatively far south here in Southern California, at -20 degrees this field is pretty far down in the weeds so to speak.  None of the small field stars in the subs were sharp.  The seeing was pretty bad.

Imaged with the Mach2

- 73 x 180 seconds, unguided
- FSQ-106 @ f/5 with the ASI2600MC
--
Dean Jacobsen

R Botero

Beautiful Dean. Great catch from your location.

Roberto

Karen Christen

That’s really nice, Dean!

Karen

AP

This is the first Milky Way shot for me this year and a chance to check off some more dark nebula on my to-do list.

This image is centered on Barnard 63 and includes Barnard 62 as well as a good number of dark nebula from Beverly Lynds' Dark Nebula catalog:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/7bes64/0/

Although my imaging location is relatively far south here in Southern California, at -20 degrees this field is pretty far down in the weeds so to speak.  None of the small field stars in the subs were sharp.  The seeing was pretty bad.

Imaged with the Mach2

- 73 x 180 seconds, unguided
- FSQ-106 @ f/5 with the ASI2600MC
--
Dean Jacobsen

Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Dean Jacobsen

Thanks Karen and Roberto.  I always look forward to this time of year when I can try and add a few more of the dark nebula that are low in the south to my collection.
--
Dean Jacobsen