Availability of Absolute Encoders for Mount Upgrades

M Hambrick

I suppose that today could technically be called late Winter or Spring. Is there any update on when there may be some Renishaw encoders available for those on the waiting list to purchase them ? The A-P web site mentions that they would be available in late Winter or Spring, 2022.

Mike

Roland Christen

Renishaw has still not been able to supply encoders at the rate we need to fully supply our needs. We keep hoping, but Britain is still in the grip of Omicron unfortunately.

Roland

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Mar 20, 2022 7:48 am
Subject: [ap-gto] Availability of Absolute Encoders for Mount Upgrades

I suppose that today could technically be called late Winter or Spring. Is there any update on when there may be some Renishaw encoders available for those on the waiting list to purchase them ? The A-P web site mentions that they would be available in late Winter or Spring, 2022.

Mike

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

mjb87@...

Thanks, Roland. Let's hope we can get through the rest of the pandemic quickly.

Quick question... My 1100GTO is about five years old. Assuming I can get the absolute encoders at all, the mount will probably be closer to 6-8 years in age when I they arrive.  At that stage, would it just make sense to send the mount back to AP for a complete overhaul and installation of the encoders?

Marty

Roland Christen

That's up to you. Installation is not difficult, but our labor rates are Stuck out tongue closed eyes

Rolando

Sent: Mon, Mar 21, 2022 3:44 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Availability of Absolute Encoders for Mount Upgrades

Thanks, Roland. Let's hope we can get through the rest of the pandemic quickly.

Quick question... My 1100GTO is about five years old. Assuming I can get the absolute encoders at all, the mount will probably be closer to 6-8 years in age when I they arrive.  At that stage, would it just make sense to send the mount back to AP for a complete overhaul and installation of the encoders?

Marty

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

M Hambrick

Hopefully, the situation in the UK will get better soon. I think it was just last week that the Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced that they were ending a lot of their COVID restrictions. I think a lot of countries are starting to figure out that vaccines and masks are not making much of a difference with the Omicron variant. We've still got a long way to go though.

Mike

Roland Christen

In the case of Renishaw, there are no Covid restrictions that are affecting their encoder shipments. It is the world-wide unavailability of computer chips that has their production stymied. Same problem that car manufacturers the world over are facing (and us lowly mount makers).

Rolando

Sent: Mon, Mar 21, 2022 5:34 pm

Hopefully, the situation in the UK will get better soon. I think it was just last week that the Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced that they were ending a lot of their COVID restrictions. I think a lot of countries are starting to figure out that vaccines and masks are not making much of a difference with the Omicron variant. We've still got a long way to go though.

Mike

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Michael Kelly

Well Ford hasn’t added an ‘O’ to the Mustango or elevating it from a GT to a GTO, so I pray in the AP stable that your self proclaimed ‘Mustango’ isn’t ridiculed for ‘O’ envy from all the AP GTO hardware.  I know if my lady was missing an ‘O’ I would be duly notified and forbidden from all Astro duties until rectified…..

Rant over……you may recommence your sequence now. 

Sent from Smallbiz Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, March 21, 2022, 7:38 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

In the case of Renishaw, there are no Covid restrictions that are affecting their encoder shipments. It is the world-wide unavailability of computer chips that has their production stymied. Same problem that car manufacturers the world over are facing (and us lowly mount makers).

Rolando

Sent: Mon, Mar 21, 2022 5:34 pm

Mike

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

dvjbaja

"O" My. 

Worsel