Topics

Astro-Physics status during IL shut-down

Hello astro-nuts,

The governor of IL just announced a “stay at home” order policy for non-essential businesses from Saturday, March 21st at 5pm through April 7.  We anticipated this possibility and developed a plan to continue as normally as possible to support our customers and ship products.

Roland, Karen and I will be working at AP. Roland will continue to complete the final assembly and testing of Mach2GTOs and 92mm Stowaways.  Karen and I will pack, as needed, and whatever else we need to do.

Office and technical staff will be working remotely from home to answer your questions or take your orders. Although someone will be answering the phone, we ask that you communicate primarily via email if you can.

Our machining and finishing processes will be impacted as well as local subcontractors who anodize and engrave for us. We look forward to having them back at work as soon as possible.

Please be patient with us through this time. We are all in uncharted territory and adapting to changing circumstances on a daily basis.

All of us at AP extend our best wishes for your health and safety. As a wise person told me recently, treat everyone with kindness and compassion, keep your spirits up as we will get through this together…and wash your hands.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

Wayne Hixson

But you guys are an “essential business”!

Thanks for letting us know and making lemonade from lemons.

Wayne

On Mar 20, 2020, at 4:44 PM, Marj Christen <marj@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks, we like to think we are essential, as well. And so, we need to keep our employees safe and keep rolling on the best we can.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

[...]

Joel Short

I'm just curious what your shipping partners are telling you regarding "non-essential" shipping?  Are everyday products still being shipped, or is shipping limited to "essential" items only?
Stay safe and healthy!
joel

As far as I know, there is no restriction. We have advised our UPS driver to check in with us and will continue to use FedEx and postal as needed.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

I'm just curious what your shipping partners are telling you regarding "non-essential" shipping?  Are everyday products still being shipped, or is shipping limited to "essential" items only?
Stay safe and healthy!
joel

thefamily90 Phillips

Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy;
They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.

Marcel Proust

I'm just curious what your shipping partners are telling you regarding "non-essential" shipping?  Are everyday products still being shipped, or is shipping limited to "essential" items only?
Stay safe and healthy!
joel

steven ho

Stay safe A-P family.

[...]

Dominique Durand

Edited

Thank you Family A-P.
Be careful. Stay safe.It is true,
That for us Astro-nuts, confined, a Mach2 would be likely to cheer us up.

Dominique

Worsel

I received a notice from UPS.  The following is extracted from the notice.  Something similar from FEDEX.

Bryan
-----------

We want to do all we can to keep you informed as the efforts to slow the spread of coronavirus continue.

We’d like to reassure you that UPS operations and The UPS Store
®
locations have been designated by the Governors’ offices in all 50 states as critical infrastructure, and we continue to pick up and deliver, even in restricted areas.

That’s very sweet, Jim. Thank you.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy;

They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.

Marcel Proust

I'm just curious what your shipping partners are telling you regarding "non-essential" shipping?  Are everyday products still being shipped, or is shipping limited to "essential" items only?
Stay safe and healthy!
joel

We will do the best we can over the coming weeks to be as normal as possible.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

That for us Astro-nuts, confined, a Mach2 would be likely to cheer us up.

Dominique

We must be sure to thank all who are still working in essential services.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

I received a notice from UPS.  The following is extracted from the notice.  Something similar from FEDEX.

Bryan
-----------

We want to do all we can to keep you informed as the efforts to slow the spread of coronavirus continue.

We’d like to reassure you that UPS operations and The UPS Store
® locations have been designated by the Governors’ offices in all 50 states as critical infrastructure, and we continue to pick up and deliver, even in restricted areas.

Thank you, Steven. The stay safe and healthy.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

[...]

Mikko Viljamaa

Be safe guys. We have an office in Beloit (which I still visit regularly) and I just heard that Rock county had their first case. I lived in Roscoe for two years in early 2000 before moving to Appleton and eventually to Atlanta so the area has a special importance for me.

- Mikko