Topics

ASTAP: Was: RE: [ap-gto] APPM has me stumped

Ray Gralak

Hi Dale,

ASTAP is a great solver and its author, Han Kleijn, is also a great person to work with. When we first integrated
ASTAP support into NINA early last year, we were amazed at how many lost minutes were regained during our
sessions by using it. Centering and reslewing and meridian flips became a blip of a few lost moments instead of
painfully-slow minutes of light frame time lost to other solvers. It's also a great standalone solving app, and stacker
if one is looking for a standalone tool that does just that. And if all else fails, it's a good blind solver.

I highly suggest people hit the donate button on his site if they really grow to like using it because the man produces
his apps out of a labor of love.
ASTAP certainly seems to work better/faster than PlateSolve2. Based on your previous recommendation of ASTAP I have recently
suggested to Marj that we incorporate it in a future build of APCC Pro as an additional native plate solver. In the mean time anyone
using SGPro for plate solving with APPM should consider using ASTAP instead of PlateSolve2.

-Ray Gralak

ASTAP is a great solver and its author, Han Kleijn, is also a great person to work with. When we first integrated
ASTAP support into NINA early last year, we were amazed at how many lost minutes were regained during our
sessions by using it. Centering and reslewing and meridian flips became a blip of a few lost moments instead of
painfully-slow minutes of light frame time lost to other solvers. It's also a great standalone solving app, and stacker
if one is looking for a standalone tool that does just that. And if all else fails, it's a good blind solver.

I highly suggest people hit the donate button on his site if they really grow to like using it because the man produces
his apps out of a labor of love.

On Feb 5, 2020, at 3:00 AM, Worsel via Groups.Io <bryancashion=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Marcelo

Sometimes serendipity is a wonderful thing.

I installed ASTAP and now everything workfs fine with APPM...AND faster.

I know it is not much help to you, but THANKS!

Bryan

Cheng-Yang Tan

+1 for me if ASTAP is incorporated to APPM because I use APT instead of SGP for automation. This addition will push me over the fence to upgrade to APCC Pro.

cytan

On Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 07:01:09 AM CST, Ray Gralak <groups3@...> wrote:

Hi Dale,

> ASTAP is a great solver and its author, Han Kleijn, is also a great person to work with. When we first integrated
> ASTAP support into NINA early last year, we were amazed at how many lost minutes were regained during our
> sessions by using it. Centering and reslewing and meridian flips became a blip of a few lost moments instead of
> painfully-slow minutes of light frame time lost to other solvers.  It's also a great standalone solving app, and stacker
> if one is looking for a standalone tool that does just that. And if all else fails, it's a good blind solver.
>
> I highly suggest people hit the donate button on his site if they really grow to like using it because the man produces
> his apps out of a labor of love.

ASTAP certainly seems to work better/faster than PlateSolve2. Based on your previous recommendation of ASTAP I have recently
suggested to Marj that we incorporate it in a future build of APCC Pro as an additional native plate solver. In the mean time anyone
using SGPro for plate solving with APPM should consider using ASTAP instead of PlateSolve2.

-Ray Gralak

Dale Ghent

Great to hear, Ray... even I might also upgrade to Pro if that were to land! :D

As a mobile imager who tends to set up often at dusk or after dark... plate solving? Ain't nobody got time for that! Anything that speeds the process is better.