#ASCOM_V2_Driver #ASCOM_V2_Driver

PHIL60

Hello again

In SGP, once I have  unparked the mount ,the Current telescope's position displayed from the Software does not match  the reading of RA/DEC from the ASCOM driver, especially in Longitude?  Is it normal behavior ?
Does it affect the pointing accuracy of the mount or should I take an image, run a plate solving and resync the mount to get the exact coordinates?

Thank you in advance for your advices

Phil60

Ray Gralak

Phil60,

The SGPro coordinates in your screenshot are J2000. This is different from the mount’s coordinate system, which is local apparent, which some people call JNow. This is not a problem but if you are interested you can find more details if you do a web search for “J2000 vs JNow”.

-Ray