Topics

Ascom problem

Suresh Mohan

Hello ,
I’m using version 5.20.09 . I tried a new software called Astrophotography tool ie APT . It connects to ascom camera and focusser but not mount . I’ve informed the vendor . Any idea what else I should do ?
Thanks
Suresh

Cheng-Yang Tan

I use APT and it works with both my Mach1GTO and AP1100AE. No problems whatsoever. What do you mean it doesn't connect to the mount? Does APT  see the AP ASCOM driver?

cytan

On Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 08:40:33 PM CST, Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

Hello ,
      I’m using version 5.20.09 . I tried a new software called Astrophotography tool ie APT . It connects to ascom camera and focusser but not mount . I’ve informed the vendor . Any idea what else I should do ?
Thanks
Suresh

Clement Elechi

Hello Suresh,

I use APT.  I usually first launch Cartes du Ciel and "Connect Telescope" from that.  That connects to the A-P ASCOM driver (or whichever ASCOM mount driver I happen to be using that evening).  Then APT can connect to the mount.

Clem

============================

My flickr gallery:

On Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 9:40:35 PM EST, Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

Hello ,
      I’m using version 5.20.09 . I tried a new software called Astrophotography tool ie APT . It connects to ascom camera and focusser but not mount . I’ve informed the vendor . Any idea what else I should do ?
Thanks
Suresh

Suresh Mohan

In com 3 I get : no mount found , at the same time works with phd etc

On 12-Feb-2020, at 9:10 AM, Cheng-Yang Tan via Groups.Io <cytan299@...> wrote:

I use APT and it works with both my Mach1GTO and AP1100AE. No problems whatsoever. What do you mean it doesn't connect to the mount? Does APT  see the AP ASCOM driver?

cytan

On Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 08:40:33 PM CST, Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

Hello ,
      I’m using version 5.20.09 . I tried a new software called Astrophotography tool ie APT . It connects to ascom camera and focusser but not mount . I’ve informed the vendor . Any idea what else I should do ?
Thanks
Suresh

Cheng-Yang Tan

That is very strange ... AP ASCOM driver allows multiple programs to talk to it. I have PHD2, Cartes du Ciel and APT talking to the AP ASCOM driver. Are you sure you have set APT to talk to AP ASCOM?

Which program says that "no mount found in com3"? It sounds like it is from AP ASCOM. If that's the case, then you have not set up AP ASCOM correctly.

cytan

On Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 11:49:13 PM CST, Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

In com 3 I get : no mount found , at the same time works with phd etc

On 12-Feb-2020, at 9:10 AM, Cheng-Yang Tan via Groups.Io <cytan299@...> wrote:

I use APT and it works with both my Mach1GTO and AP1100AE. No problems whatsoever. What do you mean it doesn't connect to the mount? Does APT  see the AP ASCOM driver?

cytan

On Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 08:40:33 PM CST, Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

Hello ,
      I’m using version 5.20.09 . I tried a new software called Astrophotography tool ie APT . It connects to ascom camera and focusser but not mount . I’ve informed the vendor . Any idea what else I should do ?
Thanks
Suresh

Ray Gralak

In com 3 I get : no mount found , at the same time works with phd etc
Make sure none of your applications is running "as administrator". This will start another separate instance of the ASCOM driver which won't be able to connect if the first instance is already connected.

-Ray Gralak

On 12-Feb-2020, at 9:10 AM, Cheng-Yang Tan via Groups.Io <cytan299=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I use APT and it works with both my Mach1GTO and AP1100AE. No problems whatsoever. What do you
mean it doesn't connect to the mount? Does APT see the AP ASCOM driver?

cytan

On Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 08:40:33 PM CST, Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

Hello ,

I’m using version 5.20.09 . I tried a new software called Astrophotography tool ie APT . It connects to
ascom camera and focusser but not mount . I’ve informed the vendor . Any idea what else I should do ?

Thanks

Suresh

Martyn

Hi Suresh,
It sounds like the ASCOM driver is just set to the wrong com port.
Try setting  the driver to com1 and see if it connects, if not set to com2 etc. My mount ended up being on com7.

Martyn

On 12/02/2020 05:49, Suresh Mohan wrote:
In com 3 I get : no mount found , at the same time works with phd etc

On 12-Feb-2020, at 9:10 AM, Cheng-Yang Tan via Groups.Io <cytan299@...> wrote:

I use APT and it works with both my Mach1GTO and AP1100AE. No problems whatsoever. What do you mean it doesn't connect to the mount? Does APT  see the AP ASCOM driver?

cytan

On Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 08:40:33 PM CST, Suresh Mohan <drsureshmohan@...> wrote:

Hello ,
      I’m using version 5.20.09 . I tried a new software called Astrophotography tool ie APT . It connects to ascom camera and focusser but not mount . I’ve informed the vendor . Any idea what else I should do ?
Thanks
Suresh

George

Check your computer’s Device Manager for the COM Port.   Be sure that all secondary programs are connecting to the V2 driver (AstroPhysics GTO V2 Mount).

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.