Appm view image

Michael Freeberg

I have been working on building a model with my Mach2 and when the view image screen pops up , it is blank, however the program is plate solving ok.  I am using a qhy163 under ascom. Do I have something set wrong.

Mike

Ray Gralak

Hi Mike,

> I have been working on building a model with my Mach2 and when the view image screen pops up , it is blank,

> however the program is plate solving ok.  I am using a qhy163 under ascom. Do I have something set wrong.

APPM's ASCOM window should automatically scale the FITS image appropriately for viewing, so you are not missing a setting. If you have an image that is blank please zip the image and post it here. You can use APCC’s Log zipper utility to locate images.

If you do not have an image, then on your next opportunity, enable APPM to save all images like this:

Then when you do another APPM run the images will be saved.

-Ray

Michael Freeberg

HI Ray,  I have attached a image and it seems to show the stars.  Not sure why they are oval ???.  The software seems to platesolve but when the view image screen pops up I don’t see the image.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alc02VkpqUfVaDqsUC39NGvl-jY?e=NOwybE

Mike

Sent from Mail for Windows

> I have been working on building a model with my Mach2 and when the view image screen pops up , it is blank,

> however the program is plate solving ok.  I am using a qhy163 under ascom. Do I have something set wrong.

APPM's ASCOM window should automatically scale the FITS image appropriately for viewing, so you are not missing a setting. If you have an image that is blank please zip the image and post it here. You can use APCC’s Log zipper utility to locate images.

If you do not have an image, then on your next opportunity, enable APPM to save all images like this:

Then when you do another APPM run the images will be saved.

-Ray

Ray Gralak

Mike,

You should check that you have the latest QHY ASCOM driver. It's odd that the image is taller than it is wide. Is that what you see as well?

As for the star shapes, it could be drift or optics. What is the image scale? Which telescope are you using?

-Ray

I have been working on building a model with my Mach2 and when the view image screen pops up , it is blank,
however the program is plate solving ok. I am using a qhy163 under ascom. Do I have something set wrong.

APPM's ASCOM window should automatically scale the FITS image appropriately for viewing, so you are not
missing a setting. If you have an image that is blank please zip the image and post it here. You can use APCC’s
Log zipper utility to locate images.

If you do not have an image, then on your next opportunity, enable APPM to save all images like this:

Then when you do another APPM run the images will be saved.

-Ray

Michael Freeberg

HI Ray,

Not sure why image is taller than wide. I show it as 1761 x 2328. I do not see how I can have drift in such a short exposure.

I am trying to use the nasa skyview test things ourt but am having a problem that it will not plate solve those images. any suggestions.

I will check out the camera drivers.

Mike

On May 23, 2022, at 9:25 AM, Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> wrote:

[...]

forgot to include that I am using a C11 edge with 0.7 reducer for a pixel scale of about 0.4

[...]

Okay, the optics might be a little out of focus, or alignment. Even tube currents can contribute to misshapened stars.

-Ray

Ray Gralak

I am trying to use the nasa skyview test things ourt but am having a problem that it will not plate solve those
images. any suggestions.
The file of view may be too small for some plate solvers.

-Ray

Michael Freeberg

Another question. I am going to try and us NINa for camera control. How do you enable the server in nina so that I can connect to appm.