APPM - unable to reset measurement points. #APCC

Andy Ermolli

Edited

I am running APCC pro V 1.9.4.3 and the other day something strange happened.
No matter how I change my points, I have two points that are stuck at the zenith. APPM starts and goes to the first point at the zenith, it solves and then it gets stuck there.
I tried resetting the points many times, I also tried deleting the settings file but those points don't disappear. I have attached a screenshot of a point map and circled the two stray points in red. Is there something that I am doing wrong? This started a couple of nights ago and now I am not able to create a model.

Edit: I realized that those points are always there. However the issue still remains that I can't get past the first zenith point.

Ray Gralak

Hi Andy,

No matter how I change my points, I have two points that are stuck at the zenith.
Those points near the zenith are reference points automatically created by APPM. There is one on each side of the meridian.

it solves and then it gets stuck there.
Make sure you do not have "Pause after each slew" enabled on APPM's Run tab.

-Ray

Andy Ermolli

Thank you Ray!

I don't have "Pause after each slew" enabled. The strange thing is that, after the first zenith point is done,  APCC says that the mount is slewing but it's not actually moving. I am going to try again tonight.

Ray Gralak

Andy,

If your mount and scope are still set up, you can test telescope motion by enabling the checkbox in APPM to "Skip Plate Solves (for Testing))". But, make sure the scope has a lens cap on to prevent possible damage if the scope happens to aim near the sun.

-Ray

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

On Sun, Jun 26, 2022 at 10:54 AM, Andy Ermolli wrote:
The strange thing is that, after the first zenith point is done,  APCC says that the mount is slewing but it's not actually moving. I am going to try again tonight.
No comm errors, motor stalls or other indication?  Does the APCC scope position indicator move when the scope is not moving?  (or the 3D model)?  Somehow the slew rate is set to a very slow rate and it is moving but you can't see it?

Linwood

Ray Gralak

No comm errors, motor stalls or other indication? Does the APCC scope position indicator move when the scope
is not moving? (or the 3D model)? Somehow the slew rate is set to a very slow rate and it is moving but you can't
see it?
That's a good point. On the "Measurement Points" tab there is a checkbox to set the slew rate. If you enable that, APPM will set the slew rate to the configured value next to the check box.

-Ray

Andy Ermolli

Unfortunately I already put the scope away, Tonight I'm heading out to a dark site and I will get there early enough to run these tests.
Linwood, no comm errors or any errors reported. Good suggestion to look at the 3D model I didn't think of that. My slew rate is set at 900.
More to come :)

Andy Ermolli

I Was able to create two models in the past two nights. Whatever the issue was, now APPM is woking smoothly. I still have occasional issues with APPM not being able to use NINA as the camera. The workaround is to select Ascom, connect the camera, disconnect it, then select NINA again and reconnect. After that APPM runs fine.