APPM pointing model using different cameras

Sam Saeed

As per Roland a year ago answering one of my questions regarding APPM and camera rotation between sessions:

Quoting Roland:

(That is correct. The camera does not do anything as far as mount functions. It's like an eyepiece with a crosshair. You can rotate the crosshair all you want, it has no effect on the mount tracking rates.)

I just changed my main camera. The model that I currently have using the previous camera is practically close to perfection. I’m curious if I need to redo the model with the new camera as resolution has changed. But based on the above statement, I don’t have too.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Thanks

Sam Saeed

https://www.decanstars.com

Xentex

You shouldn't have to change your model.

Sam Saeed

Thank you for confirming.

Sam