APPM fails on ASTAP plate solve

Worsel

While related to the recent beta version of APPC, I thought a separate topic would be cleaner.

I am trying to get the beta version (APPC 1.9.1.1) to plate solve with ASTAP.  The zipped APPM and APCC log files are attached; although I think the former is the more informative.  I tinkered with many settings without success; so I closed APPM and restarted and ran the following to produce the 'short and sweet' version.

AP 1100GT (non-AE)
Permanent pier installation
QHY 367C (36 MP full-frame CMOS)
16 GB PC. Win 10 (64-bit)

Pre-test
Capture a FITS file in SharpCap and solve directly with ASTAP.  No problems. 1.1s

Start APPM from APPC
Setup Camera and Plate Solve settings. Bin 1, 4s exposure. Min-star size= 1.5
Connect mount and camera (via ASCOM)
Run "Image Link Test" from Plate Solve Settings in APPM.  NO problems. 1.5s
Run "Plate Solve" in Run tab of APPM. Plate Solve fails.  Log says System OutofMemory issue.
Change binning to 2 in ASCOM and Camera Settings, thinking smaller files might help; although Task Manager shows plenty of un-used memory.
Plate Solve fails. DIFFERENT error.  See log

Close out APPM and zip logs

Any insight appreciated.

Bryan

Ray Gralak

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for reporting this! The Bin=2 plate solve failed because the image was never created. This issue is fixed in this new APCC Pro beta build:

https://www.apastrosoftware.com/apcc_download/APCC_Pro_BETA_Setup_1.9.1.3.exe

-Ray