APPM different with V1.9.0.9?

Rouz

Hi Ray,

Just installed V1.9.0.9 and running APPM again.

The RA Delta figure getting larger and larger with every plateslove and then its fails.

Im using ASTAP and NINA which working perfectly last week.

I tried "Use last pate solve's offset as hint" on and off.

I tried pointing model corrections on and off.

Attached are the new APPM results:

Rouz

Here is how it was previously:

Rouz

Edited

I have tried several times now with the same results:

Rouz

I just reinstalled the older V1.9.0.7 and it's back to normal and working again.

Also, with the new update (V1.9.0.9) there was a long 5 to 10 second pause after every slew   " Slew Warning".

Rouz

Screenshot of APPM working after rolling back to V1.9.0.7.

Hi Rouz

what kind of ota do you have?

I have a couple thoughts to how to diagnose what's going on, having had similar warnings as yours:

If/when you return to 19.0.9 -
I'd try a smaller model to test, maybe 50-70 points
I would increase your mount settle time to maybe 15 seconds, and enable "require high accuracy slews"
I would also Save All plate solve images (under Tools menu in APPM)
You can then inspect the images to see if the mount is settling properly. Look for nice round stars and not streaks

Brian

--
Brian

Brian Valente

Rouz

Hi Brian,

The OTA is a CDK12.5 (they are quite rigid) I doubt its OTA related, it is now making a model and working fine after rolling back. Ive been testing this combo for a few weeks now and it was working previously.

"require high accuracy slews"  is ON

-Rouz

yes that sounds great

i was more referring to looking at the solved images from your 1.9.0.9 run and seeing what they look like. There may be a clue in there, particularly if you are seeing "slew warnings"

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 11:00 PM Rouz <rbidshahri@...> wrote:
Hi Brian,

The OTA is a CDK12.5 (they are quite rigid) I doubt its OTA related, it is now making a model and working fine after rolling back. Ive been testing this combo for a few weeks now and it was working previously.

"require high accuracy slews"  is ON

-Rouz

--
Brian

Brian Valente

Rouz

Edited

Just checked some of them from the 1.9.0.9 run. Stars are sharp. You can see the plavesolve Delta Ra was in the thousands of arcminutes which didn't make sense.
Its ticking along now.

What causes those slew warnings?

-Rouz,

Bill Long

Interesting result. I ran APCC last night but didn't build a new model, I just used the one I had already. I did install the new version and didn't see any other problems. If the rollback worked it must be something in the new version causing your problem.