APPM Camera: SkyX Pro Camera Connect Error Message (plate solver link to The SkyX in APPM)

Bill Long

The first question to ask is if the TCP Server checkbox is set in SkyX to allow remote connections. 

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of billk@... <billk@...>
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 9:32 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: [ap-gto] APPM Camera: SkyX Pro Camera Connect Error Message (plate solver link to The SkyX in APPM)

I was wondering if anyone has encountered an error message when attempting to connect APPM to SkyX Pro Camera for plate solving (per the APCC manual)? I am getting the following message and I cannot seem to find another person that has had the same issue:
Failed to connect to Camera: COIeException: Invalid class string (800401F3) SCODE: 800401f3.
I have been using an SBIG STT 8300 with The Sky for plate solving and it has not had any issues. I also mading my guide camera primary to see if that made a difference and it did not. It seems to be some kind of issue between APPM and SkyX

Thanks - 

Bill K.

billk@...

Edited

Hi Bill,

Yes that is checked and it is listening for connections. Is that necessary with everything local? Some more info is that I have SkyX selected on both the run tab and the plate solving tab and have SkyX running. I'm going to set everything up on a separate machine the same way to see if I get the same error.

--
Bill Kowalczyk

billk@...

Bill Long

Yes, even local connections to SkyX use the TCP Server component. If that is checked, and the camera is connected in SkyX, APPM should be able to connect if SkyX Camera is selected. 

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of billk@... <billk@...>
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APPM Camera: SkyX Pro Camera Connect Error Message (plate solver link to The SkyX in APPM)

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi Bill,

Yes that is checked and it is listening for connections. Is that necessary with everything local? Some more info is that I have SkyX selected on both the run tab and the plate solving tab and have SkyX running. I'm going to set everything up on a separate machine the same way to see if I get the same error.

--
Bill Kowalczyk

billk@...

Ray Gralak

Failed to connect to Camera: COIeException: Invalid class string (800401F3) SCODE: 800401f3.
That means the SkyX ActiveX camera control has not been registered by the system.

If you are not running the latest build (13150 or greater) of SkyX, you should update.

If that doesn't help, you might try running SkyX Pro and APPM once "as administrator." This might allow SkyX to register its ActiveX camera control.

Also, make sure you are running a 32-bit version of SkyX.

If these fail to help you might want to post a support question to the Software Bisque forum, and they might be able to help you register their ActiveX camera control.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of billk@astronomyhouston.org
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 9:33 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] APPM Camera: SkyX Pro Camera Connect Error Message (plate solver link to The SkyX in
APPM)

[Edited Message Follows]

I was wondering if anyone has encountered an error message when attempting to connect APPM to SkyX Pro
Camera for plate solving (per the APCC manual)? I am getting the following message and I cannot seem to
find another person that has had the same issue:

I have been using an SBIG STT 8300 with The Sky for plate solving and it has not had any issues. I also made
my guide camera primary to see if that made a difference and it did not. It seems to be some kind of issue
between APPM and SkyX

Thanks -

Bill K.

Bill Long

I was just coming to suggest the single run as admin thing. That is probably the issue. 

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Ray Gralak <iogroups@...>
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APPM Camera: SkyX Pro Camera Connect Error Message (plate solver link to The SkyX in APPM)

>        Failed to connect to Camera: COIeException: Invalid class string (800401F3) SCODE: 800401f3.

That means the SkyX ActiveX camera control has not been registered by the system.

If you are not running the latest build (13150 or greater) of SkyX, you should update.

If that doesn't help, you might try running SkyX Pro and APPM once "as administrator." This might allow SkyX to register its ActiveX camera control.

Also, make sure you are running a 32-bit version of SkyX.

If these fail to help you might want to post a support question to the Software Bisque forum, and they might be able to help you register their ActiveX camera control.

-Ray

> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of billk@...
> Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 9:33 AM
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> Subject: [ap-gto] APPM Camera: SkyX Pro Camera Connect Error Message (plate solver link to The SkyX in
> APPM)
>
> [Edited Message Follows]
>
> I was wondering if anyone has encountered an error message when attempting to connect APPM to SkyX Pro
> Camera for plate solving (per the APCC manual)? I am getting the following message and I cannot seem to
> find another person that has had the same issue:
>
>
>        Failed to connect to Camera: COIeException: Invalid class string (800401F3) SCODE: 800401f3.
>
> I have been using an SBIG STT 8300 with The Sky for plate solving and it has not had any issues. I also made
> my guide camera primary to see if that made a difference and it did not. It seems to be some kind of issue
> between APPM and SkyX
>
> Thanks -
>
> Bill K.
>

billk@...

Edited

Thanks Ray, 

I ran both as admin and switched to 32 bit and that did the trick. Really appreciate the assist.
--
Bill Kowalczyk

billk@...