Hi guys,

i've a problem during the APPX Install at launch ... Unable to create virtual ports
In the log file , i've the following message
0000022 2021-10-26 20:17:29.119:       Info,     TimedMsgBox, Timeout (msecs): 5000, Message: Error creating virtual port 1 control: Classe non enregistrée (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

Have a nice day

Regards,

Alain

Ray Gralak

That error means that the Eltima ActiveX control did not install correctly.

Have you ever installed a USB to LAN adapter on your computer? For example, one of these:

https://www.eltima.com/usb-to-lan-adapter.html

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of alain.prette via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2021 2:46 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] APPC - Error Message Virtual Port #APCC

alain.prette@...

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 10:23 PM, Ray Gralak wrote:
Have you ever installed a USB to LAN adapter on your computer?
Hi Ray
i connect using ethernet and Wifi ports ... never with serial port ... but i've installed the FDTI driver

Alain

Andrea Lucchetti

Ray,
If the usb lan converter is added after the Apcc install, is there any risk of disturbing apcc?
I wanted to get one of these lan adapters but don’t want to affect apcc.
Thank you
Andrea

Il giorno mer 27 ott 2021 alle 22:23 Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> ha scritto:
That error means that the Eltima ActiveX control did not install correctly.

Have you ever installed a USB to LAN adapter on your computer? For example, one of these:

https://www.eltima.com/usb-to-lan-adapter.html

-Ray

alain.prette@...

Hello Ray,
i'm ahead of the search for the error and ... i believe that the Eltima's driver isn't installed

An idea ?

Regards,

Alain

Ray Gralak

Hi Alain,

APCC executes Eltima's installer as part of the installation process, but has no control over the Eltima installation itself. I think the issue may be a conflict between the version of Eltima that APCC uses and some other product that is ( or was) installed on the computer. So far, the only solution that I have seen work is to reinstall Windows on the computer, but I am hoping there is another solution.

In order to help identify the problem, we will need to contact Eltima with some information. I will email you at your gmail address to get started with this.