APCC questions for Ray #APCC

david w pearson

Ray,
i have a couple of  APCC questions.
1) What can i be doing to cause the PEC enable button to become disabled without pushing it from one night to the next?   I always shut down APCC after every session.
Normally, it stays enabled night to night after starting it up.....but every once in a while it comes up disabled.
Only thing i can think of doing differently is the order of starting APCC.  my normal operation is starting APCC first, then Maxim DL and then CCDCommander.
but sometimes i start Maxim DL first and when I connect the mount thru maxim DL, APCC starts up.   would that make any difference? ..i wouldn't think so. but....?

2) APCC manual question:
The manual states: "If you insist on starting everything from a ASCOM Client program (Not the Preferred method)...."
Could you please add some context to this for me?
What is the "preferred method" for those of us who image remotely and the script controls everything without user intervention?

thanks for your time
dave

Ray Gralak

1) What can i be doing to cause the PEC enable button to become disabled without pushing it from one night to the
The Enable PEM button is disabled when APCC is not connected to the mount. Also, it will be temporarily disabled if you start a PEM Record.

What is the "preferred method" for those of us who image remotely and the script controls everything without user
intervention?
I assume you are talking about the section on "Order of Operations"? If so, the "preferred method" is defined in the steps mentioned at the start of that section, starting with "1. Power up your imaging camera...". :-)

-Ray

[...]

question for Ray on APCC.

Any APCC performance downside or side effects with shutting down APCC by; close all other applications, park mount, and then close APCC by
 1) clicking APCC window close checkbox (upper right),
 2)  click disconnect button, and  then click on window close checkbox, or
 3)   click disconnect button, and  then clicking on exit under file menu,
 4)   click on exit under file menu?

thanks
dave