Topics

APCC Pro version update

Sam Saeed

Hello,

1- For the last few months, my APCC pro no longer checks nor able to detect updates. Please see attached screen shot.

2- I have been downloading updates manually from AP website. However, the version posted there is never the same as everyone else in the group is talking about. For example the current one is 1.8.8.11 but AP software update is offering v1.8.8.9

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam Saeed
https://www.decanstars.com

Ray Gralak

Hi Sam,

Some people have reported the same behavior. There is nothing I can find wrong with the update checking, so it is likely that Windows firewall or your Anti-Virus program may be blocking the update check.

The latest versions are:

APCC Pro 1.8.8.13:

http://www.apastrosoftware.com/apcc_download/APCC_Pro_Setup_1.8.8.13.exe

APCC Standard 1.8.8.0

http://www.apastrosoftware.com/apcc_download/APCC_Standard_Setup_1.8.8.0.exe

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

1- For the last few months, my APCC pro no longer checks nor able to detect updates. Please see attached
screen shot.

2- I have been downloading updates manually from AP website. However, the version posted there is never the
same as everyone else in the group is talking about. For example the current one is 1.8.8.11 but AP software
update is offering v1.8.8.9

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam Saeed
https://www.decanstars.com

Sam Saeed

Hello Ray,

Thank you for the tip. It's Windows Firewall (I don't use anything else on this computer).

I turned the firewall off, checked for updates and it's working. Turned the firewall back on and rebooted computer and it is still working.

Thanks again.

Sam Saeed

On 1/7/21, 8:48 AM, "Ray Gralak" <main@ap-gto.groups.io on behalf of groups3@gralak.com> wrote:

Hi Sam,

Some people have reported the same behavior. There is nothing I can find wrong with the update checking, so it is likely that Windows firewall or your Anti-Virus program may be blocking the update check.

The latest versions are:

APCC Pro 1.8.8.13:

http://www.apastrosoftware.com/apcc_download/APCC_Pro_Setup_1.8.8.13.exe

APCC Standard 1.8.8.0

http://www.apastrosoftware.com/apcc_download/APCC_Standard_Setup_1.8.8.0.exe

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

Worsel

Ray

I get the same window as Sam, even after turning off Norton. I do not use MS security.  After installing, 1.8.8.13 seems to work, but I did get the attached screenshot error.

Bryan

Ray Gralak

Hi Bryan,

That error message implies that some application was still using that DLL (maybe APCC was still running?).

Try rebooting and reinstalling before running anything else.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro