APCC Pro v 1.8.8.15

Ray Gralak

For those of you with APCC Pro and "Check for updates" is not working, please try this version (I'll post an APCC Standard version later if this works):

http://www.apastrosoftware.com/apcc_download/APCC_Pro_Setup_1.8.8.15.exe

If you still get a "blank" update version, please post your APCC log file here, or email it to me directly (groups3 at gralak dot com).

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

Worsel

Ray

1.8.8.15 shows present version and latest version as expected.

Bryan

Marcelo Figueroa

Yes, the same here. Now it shows the current version as the last one available.

Thanks Ray for the quick fix  :-)

Greg McCall

Yes, 1.8.8.15 is displayed as the current and in the next line as the latest.
It looks like you have a solution
thanks

Cheng-Yang Tan

Hi Ray,

  It must've be a very subtle bug. So what was it?

cytan

On Friday, January 15, 2021, 01:29:55 PM CST, Greg McCall <emailgregnow@...> wrote:

Yes, 1.8.8.15 is displayed as the current and in the next line as the latest.
It looks like you have a solution
thanks

George

Cytan,

It was from the Software and Electronics department at Hogwarts.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)

Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)

  It must've be a very subtle bug. So what was it?

cytan

On Friday, January 15, 2021, 01:29:55 PM CST, Greg McCall <emailgregnow@...> wrote:

Yes, 1.8.8.15 is displayed as the current and in the next line as the latest.
It looks like you have a solution
thanks

Cheng-Yang Tan

Haha! Didn't realize AP == Hogwarts which makes Rolando == Dumbledore :)

On Friday, January 15, 2021, 01:38:29 PM CST, George <george@...> wrote:

Cytan,

It was from the Software and Electronics department at Hogwarts.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)

Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)

  It must've be a very subtle bug. So what was it?

cytan

On Friday, January 15, 2021, 01:29:55 PM CST, Greg McCall <emailgregnow@...> wrote:

Yes, 1.8.8.15 is displayed as the current and in the next line as the latest.
It looks like you have a solution
thanks

George

Our secret is out…discovered by the muggles!

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)

Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)

  It must've be a very subtle bug. So what was it?

cytan

On Friday, January 15, 2021, 01:29:55 PM CST, Greg McCall <emailgregnow@...> wrote:

Yes, 1.8.8.15 is displayed as the current and in the next line as the latest.
It looks like you have a solution
thanks

Roland Christen

I'm actually one of the ravens.

  It must've be a very subtle bug. So what was it?

cytan

On Friday, January 15, 2021, 01:29:55 PM CST, Greg McCall <emailgregnow@...> wrote:

Yes, 1.8.8.15 is displayed as the current and in the next line as the latest.
It looks like you have a solution
thanks

Steve Reilly

Runs as expected now.

Thanks Ray.....

-Steve

For those of you with APCC Pro and "Check for updates" is not working, please try this version (I'll post an APCC Standard version later if this works):

http://www.apastrosoftware.com/apcc_download/APCC_Pro_Setup_1.8.8.15.exe

If you still get a "blank" update version, please post your APCC log file here, or email it to me directly (groups3 at gralak dot com).

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

Jerry

Update worked for me.  I had one computer where the update check worked and another where it didn't.

The one where it didn't now shows latest and current versions - first time ever.

Thanks!

Jerry

Ron Kramer

thanks - installing it now.

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 4:03 PM Jerry <astrojer@...> wrote:
Update worked for me.  I had one computer where the update check worked and another where it didn't.

The one where it didn't now shows latest and current versions - first time ever.

Thanks!

Jerry

Ron Kramer

I have this warning...see attached.
So what is this LATEST firmware version I need?  I suspect the number shown is what I already have?

looking tor the firmware page to download  it.. It says I need to get a 2 pin power cord?  absurd?
I have a GTO4  (does this apply to me?)  I simply want to upgrade firmware... not sure how I was presented with a gtocp4 upgrade and install guide?  Is this document for me?
Ignoring this - and looking for firmware...
Why is this never intuitive?
I see...
GTOCP4 software ** current version    <--------  is that firmware?   If so shouldn't it be referred to as  FIRMWARE?
I then read...
If you are searching for the previous version P01-14, click on this link.     <----  I have no idea what version I'm looking for. LATEST? the naming convention is?  I have no clue?

I suspect I need this? (link below) but I'm not allowed to get it without a uname and password. = (
Why top secret? If I don't have a  GTO4 to upload it to... it would be worthless to me and others?
VCPx-P02-08 Full Package

This should be easier AND LOGICAL.

--

Ron Kramer

IF that wasn't confusing enough.  VCP4-E01...  I don't know how outdated that is. I look at the link version history and big fixes...  Thought it would explain how far out of date I am?   E01 is not even listed.  They're all  P02?  No my bad there are also PO1.

Am I the only person that can't make heads or tails out of all this (should be easy) update data there is no shortage of information but the problem always seems to be the text tries to encompass every option and model.

I have GTO4. I would just like the files for this hardware in a easily downloaded place.

On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 5:53 PM Ron Kramer via groups.io <ronkramer1957=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Bill Long

Firmware is software, so calling it software is fine. :)

[...]

It is more correct to refer to the program in the control box and keypad as software than firmware, so we are changing the terminology in our documentation and website.

The most current version is VCPx-P02-08. I will deconstruct the version number.

-          VCPx is Version CPx (which stands for CP4 or CP5)

-          The production versions of the software begin with “P” and the engineering versions begin with “E”. I am not sure why your control box has an E version unless the title was not changed when it was released. I apologize for that confusion. We need to be more diligent to be sure that it does not occur.

-          Earlier versions began with P01 and we recently released a major upgrade to P02. This marked the transition that it could be used with the CP4 and CP5 and offered new features to the CP4 as can be found in the version history.

-          -08 is the minor number of the version. We will increment these numbers more frequently.

Our software updates webpage offers you the option of accessing the new software or the previous version in case someone wants to roll back for some reason.  The version that is presently loaded in your control box precedes the previous version.

I am not sure where you found the instructions regarding a 2-pin power cord. I could not find it. All CP4s have a 2-pin power cord.

There are numerous links on the upgrade page with various headings: Download program to your PC, Upload Software to Your Control Box, GTOCP4 Manual and Version History and Bug Fixes. Please read the instructions carefully.

I will send a private email with the user name and password. Please write them in your CP4 manual for future reference.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd