From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Conrad
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 8:51 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] APCC Pro 1.8.1.1 update #APCC

I have been using APCC Pro 1.8.0.9 with V2 5.30.10 on a AP1600-CP3 mount. I have a pointing model and have
been running with Enable Pointing Correction and Enable Tracking Correction. When I updated to APCC Pro
1.8.1.1 I had to turn off Enable Tracking Correction as the rates seemed wrong (could not track a star). Also, on
pier flip I had to abort with the scope pointing way below the horizon, then got it to successfully park back to park 4.
After restoring 1.8.0.9 everything worked properly as before. I don't currently have log files to post. Any help would
be appreciated. Thanks.

Greg Salyer

Ray, when do you expect to have a fix?

On May 20, 2020, at 10:45 AM, Ray Gralak <groups3@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

If you have a CP3 it's best that you stay with 1.8.0.9 until the next release. In 1.8.1.x a change was made to make the sign of the tracking rates consistent with what external programs expect, but it seems like it doesn't work with the CP3 because of an unexpected firmware difference between it and the CP4/5. Sorry, it wasn't discovered before 1.8.1.x was released. I usually don't have enough time to test with the CP3 under dark skies any more.

-Ray Gralak

I have been using APCC Pro 1.8.0.9 with V2 5.30.10 on a AP1600-CP3 mount. I have a pointing model and have
been running with Enable Pointing Correction and Enable Tracking Correction. When I updated to APCC Pro
1.8.1.1 I had to turn off Enable Tracking Correction as the rates seemed wrong (could not track a star). Also, on
pier flip I had to abort with the scope pointing way below the horizon, then got it to successfully park back to park 4.
After restoring 1.8.0.9 everything worked properly as before. I don't currently have log files to post. Any help would
be appreciated. Thanks.

Ray Gralak

Ray, when do you expect to have a fix?
I believe I have a fix already, but I need some clear skies to test it.

So, hopefully within a few days.

-Ray Gralak

I have been using APCC Pro 1.8.0.9 with V2 5.30.10 on a AP1600-CP3 mount. I have a pointing model and
have
been running with Enable Pointing Correction and Enable Tracking Correction. When I updated to APCC Pro
1.8.1.1 I had to turn off Enable Tracking Correction as the rates seemed wrong (could not track a star). Also, on
pier flip I had to abort with the scope pointing way below the horizon, then got it to successfully park back to
park 4.
After restoring 1.8.0.9 everything worked properly as before. I don't currently have log files to post. Any help
would
be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited

Where do you find these versions - 1.8.0.9 and 1.8.0.11?  Are they developer versions?

All I can find is "APCC Pro - Public Release Version      March 7, 2020    APCC Pro v1.8.0.5".

EDIT: Never mind, I see under Help there is a "Check for updates...".  I'm a brand-new user of APCC.

SECOND EDIT: What I found in the manual earlier, and now at home trying firsthand, doesn't work.  From v1.8.0.5, the "Check for updates" says "No updates to APCC are available". Why is that?

Also, the APCC window is always on top of all other windows.  Can that be changed?

Cheng-Yang Tan

Hi Ray,
   Do you mind posting here whenever there is an update of APCC? My APCC never informs me when there is an update. (FYI, PemPro, OTOH, always does)

Thanks!

cytan

On Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 10:08:16 AM CDT, Ray Gralak <groups3@...> wrote:

> Ray, when do you expect to have a fix?

I believe I have a fix already, but I need some clear skies to test it.

So, hopefully within a few days.

-Ray Gralak

Bill Conrad

Thanks Ray.

Cheng-Yang Tan

You can download it from here:

For whatever reason, some APCC installs are unable to find the latest updates when "check for updates" is pressed. Mine is one of them. Ray and I both tried the debug the problem and Ray thinks it's something to do with .net.

That's why I've asked Ray to post here when there's an update so that people like us can just download it by hand.

cytan

On Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 07:39:04 PM CDT, Jerome Allison <jallison@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Where do you find these versions - 1.8.0.9 and 1.8.0.11?  Are they developer versions?

All I can find is "APCC Pro - Public Release Version      March 7, 2020    APCC Pro v1.8.0.5".

EDIT: Never mind, I see under Help there is a "Check for updates...".  I'm a brand-new user of APCC.

SECOND EDIT: What I found in the manual earlier, and now at home trying firsthand, doesn't work.  From v1.8.0.5, the "Check for updates" says "No updates to APCC are available". Why is that?

Also, the APCC window is always on top of all other windows.  Can that be changed?

Edited

Thank you, Tan.  Got it installed.  Found the "This form is always on top" checkbox too. :)
I have had PemPRO for several years, and it has always alerted me to an update, too.

Dominique Durand

Hi Ray,
I installed this latest APCC version. With the GTOCP5 no worries therefore.
On the other hand I noticed that on the driver V2 the speed 1800x was referenced and therefore selectable while on APCC the maximum was 1200x.

Dominique

Ray Gralak

Hi Dominique,

You may be looking at two different rate types:

The fastest slew (Go To) rate is 1800x on the Mach 2.
The fastest move (button) rate is 1200x on the Mach 2.

-Ray Gralak

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 04:39 PM, Ray Gralak wrote:
Hi Dominique,

You may be looking at two different rate types:

The fastest slew (Go To) rate is 1800x on the Mach 2.
The fastest move (button) rate is 1200x on the Mach 2.
OK Ray and therefore by setting set slew rate custom in the Inizialise window.