APCC model files: which files to ask for help

Andrea Lucchetti

Hi, can someone remind me the files needed to "share" the model?
I'd like to ask for help here.
I've run a small model (20 points in two dec arcs.
There are some large value in the est , but the values on the west side are completely out of range in my opinion.

Thank you in advance,
Andrea

Ray Gralak

Hi Andrea,

To answer your question, you should provide the APCC, ASCOM, and APPM logs, and PNT files.

You should use APCC's Log Zipper utility, available from APCC's tool menu. Here is a screenshot of the options you should select:

-Ray

Andrea Lucchetti

Hi Ray, thank you
I am attaching the zip but I see a number of files.
I see it is a big file, please let me know how to send it if attachment doesn't work.

Yesterday I had  a " panic moment" and started doing many things.
I couldn't use Skyx and I had to find an alternative for the night.
I run the model initially just to do some trial and not loose  the night
It was one of the thing that worked last night , so I am happy.
in this case It would be helpful just to have an helping hand to interpret the model results.
I run the model after the Skyx x issue and just before starting with NINA.
There are no tpoint models in skyx.
Unfortunately I got used to skyx and its Camera add on, so I was really lost at the beginning of the night.

I think the answer to my others post could be in the logs for the night but I think it would be difficult to decode what I did in the first two panic hours:-)
In any case , Thank you very much in advance
Andrea

Ray Gralak

Andrea,

The logs did not make it. You'll need to create a public download link to the zip file via Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, etc.

And APCC is compatible with SkyX. Lots of people use APCC with SkyX. If you are using APPM with SkyX for plate solving make sure to follow all of the steps in the help file in APPM's plate-solving section.

-Ray

[...]

Please try this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpf86i55bezwznw/ApccZip-andrea_lucchetti-2021-09-12-182543.zip?dl=0

I am not saying APPC and skyx are not compatible, only that I had troubles.
Now that I am back to a nomad set up that I use every two months , everything is much more difficult to debug..

I know I had an issue last year with skyx buttons messing up things ( the slew commands lasted for ever) but adapted to this avoiding the move commands in skyx and learning to use the move commands in APPM. that behavior was described in this forum and acknowledge one year ago but I don't remember if the problem was in Skyx or APPC.
I've just followed the advice and learned a new behavior , use the buttons in APPC

What I have seen last night is more impacting because prevent me to work.
I did a mess last night, but When I switched to NINA and excluded skyx everything worked again.

If you want to have a look these are the stars in a 30seconds frame:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cco7olez98woq9o/stella_Preview01.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9uexo21vdisnenf/stella_Preview011.jpg?dl=0

I don't remember if this was just after connection to skyx or after a closed loop slew

For APPC, I can only say that worked nicely at the first attempt, plate solves went fine except for a cloud.
Thank you again,
Andrea