APCC License Renew Question


Bill Long
 

If I were to renew now, for example, would it be 1 year from today or one year from the end of my current license expiration? 


Ray Gralak
 

If I were to renew now, for example, would it be 1 year from today or one year from the end of my current
license expiration?
Currently, it is one year from whenever you renew, even if your current license is less than one year old. That will be updated in
the future to add one year to the existing license date *if* the license's date is less than a year old.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Long
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2021 11:53 AM
To: AP-GTO Groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] APCC License Renew Question

If I were to renew now, for example, would it be 1 year from today or one year from the end of my current
license expiration?


Bill Long
 

Thanks Ray. Mine isnt up until January, so I will wait until then or whenever the update is made. 

The reason I ask is, I have made the mistake of forgetting about license renewals until I needed to go image one night and had to deal with that. Not APCC of course, but since then I try to renew things a few months early so I dont get caught in the cold (literally). 🙂 


From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Ray Gralak <iogroups@...>
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2021 12:16 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC License Renew Question
 
> If I were to renew now, for example, would it be 1 year from today or one year from the end of my current
> license expiration?

Currently, it is one year from whenever you renew, even if your current license is less than one year old. That will be updated in
the future to add one year to the existing license date *if* the license's date is less than a year old.

-Ray

> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Long
> Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2021 11:53 AM
> To: AP-GTO Groups.io
> Subject: [ap-gto] APCC License Renew Question
>
> If I were to renew now, for example, would it be 1 year from today or one year from the end of my current
> license expiration?
>







Ray Gralak
 

Bill,

 

> The reason I ask is, I have made the mistake of forgetting about license renewals until I needed to go image

> one night and had to deal with that. Not APCC of course, but since then I try to renew things a few months

> early so I dont get caught in the cold (literally). 🙂

 

The APCC license policy is pretty generous. It won't ever stop working or disable features available, given your license's date. Renewing a subscription just entitles you to new features introduced within one year of the license date. You will always get bug fixes and minor enhancements for free. For example, in v1.9, the Meridian Tracking Limits graph now shows the name of the meridian limits file that is loaded. This was a very minor change that a few people requested, and is free for all licenses, Standard and Pro. See this screenshot:

 

 

 

-Ray

 

> -----Original Message-----

> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Long

> Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2021 12:18 PM

> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC License Renew Question

>

> Thanks Ray. Mine isnt up until January, so I will wait until then or whenever the update is made.

>

> The reason I ask is, I have made the mistake of forgetting about license renewals until I needed to go image

> one night and had to deal with that. Not APCC of course, but since then I try to renew things a few months

> early so I dont get caught in the cold (literally). 🙂

>

> ________________________________

>

> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Ray Gralak

> <iogroups@...>

> Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2021 12:16 PM

> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>

> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC License Renew Question

>

> > If I were to renew now, for example, would it be 1 year from today or one year from the end of my current

> > license expiration?

>

> Currently, it is one year from whenever you renew, even if your current license is less than one year old. That

> will be updated in

> the future to add one year to the existing license date *if* the license's date is less than a year old.

>

> -Ray

>

> > -----Original Message-----

> > From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Long

> > Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2021 11:53 AM

> > To: AP-GTO Groups.io

> > Subject: [ap-gto] APCC License Renew Question

> >

> > If I were to renew now, for example, would it be 1 year from today or one year from the end of my current

> > license expiration?

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>