APCC error: FindFreeQacIndex: no free entries!

Walt Cooney

Ray,

I got the error in the subject line when I started up APCC and autoconnected at my remote observatory this afternoon.  Have not seen that one before.  Everything seems to have come up OK, but I really won't know there isn't a problem for sure until I go out to the observatory and run it tonight.  It's classified as a severe error.  Anything I should be worried about?

Thanks,
Walt Cooney

Ray Gralak

Hi Walt,

Not to worry, APCC will self-correct in that situation. That error message occurs when there is a backlog of messages unprocessed by APCC's user interface. It usually happens because the remote desktop application cannot update the user interface quickly enough. If you only see it once in a while, there is no reason to worry. However, if it is persistent, it might warrant further investigation.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Walt Cooney
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2022 2:51 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] APCC error: FindFreeQacIndex: no free entries!

Ray,

I got the error in the subject line when I started up APCC and autoconnected at my remote observatory this
afternoon. Have not seen that one before. Everything seems to have come up OK, but I really won't know there
isn't a problem for sure until I go out to the observatory and run it tonight. It's classified as a severe error.
Anything I should be worried about?

Thanks,
Walt Cooney

Bill Long

APCC needs a feature to kick on the coffee maker. :) 

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Ray Gralak <iogroups@...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2022 6:56 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC error: FindFreeQacIndex: no free entries!

Hi Walt,

Not to worry, APCC will self-correct in that situation. That error message occurs when there is a backlog of messages unprocessed by APCC's user interface. It usually happens because the remote desktop application cannot update the user interface quickly enough. If you only see it once in a while, there is no reason to worry. However, if it is persistent, it might warrant further investigation.

-Ray

> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Walt Cooney
> Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2022 2:51 PM
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> Subject: [ap-gto] APCC error: FindFreeQacIndex: no free entries!
>
> Ray,
>
> I got the error in the subject line when I started up APCC and autoconnected at my remote observatory this
> afternoon. Have not seen that one before. Everything seems to have come up OK, but I really won't know there
> isn't a problem for sure until I go out to the observatory and run it tonight. It's classified as a severe error.
> Anything I should be worried about?
>
> Thanks,
> Walt Cooney
>
>

Ray Gralak

And, of course, turn off the coffee maker at a set time! :-)

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Long
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2022 7:01 PM

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Ray Gralak <iogroups@...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2022 6:56 PM

Hi Walt,

Not to worry, APCC will self-correct in that situation. That error message occurs when there is a backlog of
messages unprocessed by APCC's user interface. It usually happens because the remote desktop application
cannot update the user interface quickly enough. If you only see it once in a while, there is no reason to worry.
However, if it is persistent, it might warrant further investigation.

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Walt Cooney
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2022 2:51 PM
Subject: [ap-gto] APCC error: FindFreeQacIndex: no free entries!

Ray,

I got the error in the subject line when I started up APCC and autoconnected at my remote observatory this
afternoon. Have not seen that one before. Everything seems to have come up OK, but I really won't know there
isn't a problem for sure until I go out to the observatory and run it tonight. It's classified as a severe error.
Anything I should be worried about?

Thanks,
Walt Cooney

Bill Long

And an option to run the milk frother. 

Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2022 7:07 PM

> APCC needs a feature to kick on the coffee maker. :)

And, of course, turn off the coffee maker at a set time! :-)

-Ray

> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Long
> Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2022 7:01 PM
> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC error: FindFreeQacIndex: no free entries!
>
> APCC needs a feature to kick on the coffee maker. :)
> ________________________________
>
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Ray Gralak <iogroups@...>
> Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2022 6:56 PM
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC error: FindFreeQacIndex: no free entries!
>
> Hi Walt,
>
> Not to worry, APCC will self-correct in that situation. That error message occurs when there is a backlog of
> messages unprocessed by APCC's user interface. It usually happens because the remote desktop application
> cannot update the user interface quickly enough. If you only see it once in a while, there is no reason to worry.
> However, if it is persistent, it might warrant further investigation.
>
> -Ray
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Walt Cooney
> > Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2022 2:51 PM
> > To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> > Subject: [ap-gto] APCC error: FindFreeQacIndex: no free entries!
> >
> > Ray,
> >
> > I got the error in the subject line when I started up APCC and autoconnected at my remote observatory this
> > afternoon. Have not seen that one before. Everything seems to have come up OK, but I really won't know there
> > isn't a problem for sure until I go out to the observatory and run it tonight. It's classified as a severe error.
> > Anything I should be worried about?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Walt Cooney
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Emilio J. Robau, P.E.

I need tech support.  I am having trouble finding the coffee control features.   Is it under the environment pop down tab?

Bill Long

You need to double click the error text. 

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Emilio J. Robau, P.E. <ejr@...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2022 7:35 PM

I need tech support.  I am having trouble finding the coffee control features.   Is it under the environment pop down tab?

Walt Cooney

Thanks Ray.  All running fine tonight.  No issues.

-Walt

-------- Original message --------
Date: 3/22/22 8:56 PM (GMT-06:00)

Hi Walt,

-Ray

> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Walt Cooney
> Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2022 2:51 PM
> Subject: [ap-gto] APCC error: FindFreeQacIndex: no free entries!
>
> Ray,
>
> I got the error in the subject line when I started up APCC and autoconnected at my remote observatory this
> afternoon. Have not seen that one before. Everything seems to have come up OK, but I really won't know there
> isn't a problem for sure until I go out to the observatory and run it tonight. It's classified as a severe error.
> Anything I should be worried about?
>
> Thanks,
> Walt Cooney
>
>

Marcelo Figueroa

I have found that if this error coincides with the time of a meridian flip, at least in SGP it can generate a failure and an abort of the session (SGP reports cancellation by the user).

If it occurs during another time SGP does not even notice it.

Ray Gralak

Hi Marcelo,

That's a sign that something is holding up APCC on your computer. It could be cpu, graphics, I/O that is limiting the system. If you are usually connected remotely to your computer using a remote desktop application when this happens, try staying disconnected to see if the problem still occurs.

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marcelo Figueroa via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2022 12:46 PM

I have found that if this error coincides with the time of a meridian flip, at least in SGP it can generate a failure and
an abort of the session (SGP reports cancellation by the user).

If it occurs during another time SGP does not even notice it.

Barbara Harris

I am getting this message upon startup of APCC since updating to v1.9.4.3. It will not allow connection of APV2 driver. I have to restart APCC multiple times to get it to start normally. Not sure what else to check 

Barbara

Ray Gralak

Hi Barbara,

This message is usually caused when APCC cannot process commands from the driver and other applications fast enough. This happens fastest when APCC connects to the mount via TCP or UDP because APCC polls faster in that case.

If you are not doing this already, try starting APCC first and do not enable the option to connect itself to the driver. Once APCC has finishing starting, connect ASCOM applications that use the mount.

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Barbara Harris via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 11:17 AM

I am getting this message upon startup of APCC since updating to v1.9.4.3. It will not allow connection of APV2
driver. I have to restart APCC multiple times to get it to start normally. Not sure what else to check

Barbara