APCC error: "FindFeeQacIndex:no free entries!"

Claude Benoit

Occasionally I receive a "FindFeeQacIndex:no free entries!" error, I don't know what it means or the cause of it. I'm usually not at the scope when the error shows up so I can't confirm where it is pointing. When the error occurs I can clear the error, park the mount and start over and everything is back to normal. I've had the error occur a few times. I'm concerned I may be damaging something. Oh, and the Fault Triggered: MotorStall appeared when  I requested a slew when the mount was parked, hope that didn't cause damage either.

Thank you for your help.
Claude

Mike C

I once tried quite hard to get a StarTech Ethernet to Serial converter working to run my APCC from.  After it became clear that I would never get rid of comm packets getting lost occasionally, I ditched it and went back to a hard wired connection. However, once the StarTech drivers were installed on the PC,  a re-install of APCC would never work again, the virtual serial ports would never function, and it would get exactly that QacIndex error.  I believe that error is from the virtual serial port software saying it can't do something.

I removed every piece of software related to the StarTech drivers I could find, but the QacIndex error continued. I wrote AP for technical assistance. George taught me to look in the device manager for hidden devices. There were some, I removed them and checked their file names and removed all those files manually. The QacIndex errors continued.

In the end I wiped the PC, reinstalled Win10 and APCC immediately installed and I never saw the error again.

Ray Gralak

Hi Mike,

That's very interesting. It appears that Startech device uses the Eltima drivers. There might be some sort of version incompatibility.

BTW, the error message means that there are too many outstanding commands queued, probably because the Eltima drivers are broken/ incompatible.

-Ray