From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Garrett
Sent: Wednesday, November 3, 2021 10:06 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] APCC download - malware detection

My Kaspersky Internet security is detecting malware in the latest download of Apccstandardlatest.exe and
requiring a disinfect/restart of WIN10 Pro.

UDS:trojan.win32.generic

Questioning if this is an actual APCC malware/known infection or a design routine embedded with APCC?

David Garrett

Worsel

David

This may be similar to Norton's WSReputation.1 flag.  It means that the security software does not have enough usage info in its database on the tested software.  That's not a surprise for ANY astro software.  I use Norton and have bypassed the WSReputation.1 flag without issue.

Bryan

M Hambrick

I seem to recall that I had to disable my anti-virus software (Webroot) the first time I downloaded APCC. After that first time it was no longer necessary.

Mike

Erkaslan Aygen

Hi all,

Similar behavior with Kasperky….

Regards,
Ashen

Le jeu. 4 nov. 2021 à 16:07, Worsel via groups.io <bryancashion=yahoo.com@groups.io> a écrit :
David

This may be similar to Norton's WSReputation.1 flag.  It means that the security software does not have enough usage info in its database on the tested software.  That's not a surprise for ANY astro software.  I use Norton and have bypassed the WSReputation.1 flag without issue.

Bryan

Brent Boshart

Edited

I distribute software that I have written and this is a constant struggle with false positive virus detections.  I always run a Virus Total check and report any false positives to the Anti-Virus vendor. Some are responsive, others are not.

Brent